Trusted Contributor

Re: Luminara Heritage Lantern

@Mominohio wrote:

Carolyn described the color this morning as the same as the Statue of Liberty. 

Anyone who has it think that is accurate? Might be helpful to those still on the fence.

To my eye, the slate color has a bit more blue in it than Statue of Liberty.  That famous lady is made of copper I believe, and copper aquires that certain green patina over time.  I live in the deep South and have many shades of blue and green in my home.  I would call the slate a coastal blue.  It works with most shades of blue and also works with anything in the blue green family such as teal, aqua, sage, even mint.  I don't care for the slate when paired with the yellow greens.  This slate also looks great with pink/rose and with pale yellow.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Anyone who has it think that is accurate? Might be helpful to those still on the fence.

To my eye, the slate color has a bit more blue in it than Statue of Liberty.  That famous lady is made of copper I believe, and copper aquires that certain green patina over time.  I live in the deep South and have many shades of blue and green in my home.  I would call the slate a coastal blue.  It works with most shades of blue and also works with anything in the blue green family such as teal, aqua, sage, even mint.  I don't care for the slate when paired with the yellow greens.  This slate also looks great with pink/rose and with pale yellow.  Hope this helps.

I don't agree with Carolyn at all about the color.  It is more of a teal/aqua. I absolutely love it.  I have it paired with my aqua& brown bathroom and it looks really nice.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so aggravated.  I ordered the 12" on Sunday to take advantage of the Easy Pay offer.  After seeing the presentation, I decided it was just too blue/green and not enough grey, so I tried to go into my account and cancel it.  It was already marked as shipped.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@CJC wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't agree with Carolyn at all about the color.  It is more of a teal/aqua. I absolutely love it.  I have it paired with my aqua& brown bathroom and it looks really nice.

@Mominohio, I don't have it, but I'm trusting the two posters above, because I am seeing it much like they describe.  

Dan Hughes led with the Statue of Liberty description at midnight, and I assume Carolyn just went with that.  The rep Susan didn't agree (or outright disagree) with that description, if I recall correctly, when Dan said it, FWIW.

Too bad we can't see the older videos throughout the day.  I just checked, and they are not on Youtube as they sometimes are. 

I am confident enough that I can make it work in my living room, even though I'm still not 100% sure that I'm envisioning it correctly.   The fact that I already have accents ranging from dark teal to dusty seafoam green, and I'm ok with how they all look together, leaves me confident enough to trust this color. 

Valued Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@mallemo wrote:

For those who ordered the Heritage Lantern in advance, just wanted to let you know that mine shipped today. I ordered the largest size in red.

Best news I've had all day!  I have the red in the 19" size.  If I like the slate & it is the right hue for me, I'll get the 19" as well.  My favorite size with this line is the 19" (don't have the 25" size).  Let me know how you like your's when you get it.  Betcha Luminara will come out with yet, no doubt a new lantern line down the road.  I have to be careful with lantern over-saturation, lol.  

@BornToShop...Just wanted to let you know that my 25" red lantern came a few days ago and it's perfect. I really will enjoy this one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@CJC wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio, I don't have it, but I'm trusting the two posters above, because I am seeing it much like they describe.  

Dan Hughes led with the Statue of Liberty description at midnight, and I assume Carolyn just went with that.  The rep Susan didn't agree (or outright disagree) with that description, if I recall correctly, when Dan said it, FWIW.

Too bad we can't see the older videos throughout the day.  I just checked, and they are not on Youtube as they sometimes are. 

I am confident enough that I can make it work in my living room, even though I'm still not 100% sure that I'm envisioning it correctly.   The fact that I already have accents ranging from dark teal to dusty seafoam green, and I'm ok with how they all look together, leaves me confident enough to trust this color. 

@SHOPR  After the comment about the Statue of Liberty, he said or slate,  or green, or blue, so who knows until they receive it.  I tried to change the color to cream, but #%^&*(# QVC wouldn't let me, and were nasty about it, really a messed up system unlike other companies I deal with.  If I have to return it, I will still have to pay the return postage whereas before, Q would have absorbed it because I tried to change the order.  NO MORE ordering at midnight for me.

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm so aggravated.  I ordered the 12" on Sunday to take advantage of the Easy Pay offer.  After seeing the presentation, I decided it was just too blue/green and not enough grey, so I tried to go into my account and cancel it.  It was already marked as shipped.

@PeterDM  Here is a post I just made on this subject minus one sentence. Smiley Happy  I ordered less than twelve hours ago and wasn't able to change the color or cancel.

I hate that on some items, and we never know which, after a very short period of time from ordering, the item color can't be changed, nor can it be cancelled.  This is the only company that I know of that doesn't give a known time limit when the order can be changed or cancelled.  It used to be that at least customer service wouldn't make a customer pay the return postage for an order that they tried to cancel or change, but I see that is no longer the case, and the person I spoke to was nasty about it.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Anyone else planning on watching at midnight to see the slate color live?  

I usually fail miserably when I try to wake up (or stay up) to watch late TV. I'm such a sleepyhead. 

@SHOPR I'll be watching.  I placed my order for the 12" in slate yesterday afternoon to take advantage of the 4 easy pays, but if it looks wrong, I'll cancel. I notice that Luminara is also introducing 2 new birdcages, too - H207957 and H207958.  The pics aren't up yet, so the jury is out on these.

@PeterDM, Greystone colored birdcage?  I'm curious, since the so-called slate lantern isn't really slate. 

I hope you were pleased and didn't cancel after seeing the lanterns on air.  I thought the candle in the 12" lantern looked a bit overwhelming, but camera angles can really change perception on things, so I went for it anyway. 

@SHOPR  I thought so too, and the candles in the other lanterns could have been taller to suit the size of the lantern, while the candle in the 12" lantern practically filled it.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Really glad that I waited to see the lantern in the 'slate' color as I would have been returning if I had ordered, just too blue for me.  I have red, white and black lanterns so looks like I will passing on these.  I like the 12" size but don't need any of the colors.  Hope everyone is pleased with theirs when they arrive.

@lucymo  If I had a long garden table, which I plan on, I would have ordered three 12" black, but didn't because what if I never get the table, lol.  I ordered the 25" red, and this morning tried to change the color of the 19" slate to cream and was not allowed to so I am really fed up with the system here.  I pasted my post in Q Talk here in a reply to Peter, if you are interested. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@PeterDM  I waited for the presentation of the slate and when I heard  the description I knew it wouldn't be a color that I want.  So sorry you couldn't cancel.  Maybe when it comes it might work with the gray walls, lighting may give it a different hue.  I hope so.