Esteemed Contributor

Luminara GOLD Mercury Glass Candles - Question

Would you use them year-round in gold?

If you already own these in gold, do you use them year-round, or do they look too holiday? 

Can you comment on the tone and look of the gold that you received?  As we have observed, all golds are not the same. 

I'm considering buying the sets of 2, H286052, for gifts.  I know that silver is the safest choice and I will probably get a set of silver as well. 

A video can be viewed for the individual candles, H204577.

Thanks.

Luminara 6 and  8 Mercury Glass Flameless Cylinder Candles

Valued Contributor

Re: Luminara GOLD Mercury Glass Candles - Question

[ Edited ]

If you have a chance go to HSN 344055 set of 3 mercury glass candles.  This is a set of three on timers in red, gold or silver for $29.95 and free s&h.  I bought all three colors of HSN's candles last xmas and they look beautiful on and off. When they are on the color is not as intense but definitely reads, red, gold or silver. They are well made. The are 2 videos for viewing how they look on and off. Great buy!

Had a chance to watch both HSN and QVC's videos and Q candle has that pretty fluttering wick that I like more than the standard plain wick of HSN's; but HSN's candles are still very nice and great as fillers if you like to use many candles and place in background.They have a warm glow instead of a brighter, clear glow. Same type of remotes. I also purchased the mercury glass pedestal bases that are still shown on HSN but currently sold out (there is mention of reorder for this xmas).

Trusted Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Would you use them year-round in gold?

If you already own these in gold, do you use them year-round, or do they look too holiday? 

Can you comment on the tone and look of the gold that you received?  As we have observed, all golds are not the same. 

I'm considering buying the sets of 2, H286052, for gifts.  I know that silver is the safest choice and I will probably get a set of silver as well. 

A video can be viewed for the individual candles, H204577.

Thanks.

Luminara 6 and  8 Mercury Glass Flameless Cylinder Candles

SHOPR, I'm using mine year round in silver, and they look gold when lit.  I think the price on the S2 of these is fantastic.  I know mominohio has a set or 2 of the silver, but I can't remember whether she has the gold...

Respected Contributor

I don't own these, but I will say that I think the gold is probably a little shiny and bright for non-holiday use unless the planned recipient has other shiny metallic accents as a part of their decor.

Respected Contributor

SHOPR, I have the silver, red and green and I couldn't be more pleased with them.  Peter is correct regarding the silver looking goldish when lit.  I would use the silver if I was wanting a champagne effect or if you are too concerned about the gold going orange on you.  I really really really want to order the new frosted 5" & 7" Frosted Luminaras in Grey (H205858, H205857).  I broke down and ordered/received the beautiful Lenox Tree (h205415).  Am I ever glad I did!  Beautifully done and so much better in person than on the air!  Timeless and perfect.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

HappyLady, Thank you so much for the comparison of the two brands.  In this case I really want to buy the Luminara brand as gifts.  These people have been admiring my wax Luminaras for a while now.  I was thinking, why not treat them to one with a little extra personality while I'm at it. 

BTS, Thanks.  So you got the Lenox tree?  Good for you.  I've about lost interest in it, at least for now, but I'm so glad you love it and that it's a keeper. 

Thanks also to Marsha and Peter. 

I think we are all on the same page that silver is probably the way to go.  I think silver will be much easier to dress down with maybe a wooden pedestal or in some sort of vignette with mixed materials, including some natural things.   Agree? 

Unless someone else chimes in (mominohio, where are you? LOL) silver it will be. 

Thanks, everyone.