Trusted Contributor

Re: Luminara Extravaganza W/TSV!!

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH, There's one thing about this bunch of shoppers, we can go from CIJ to Harvest overnight.  lol   I won't do any fall decorating until around the first of September.  I hate winter so wait as long as I can to admit it won't be long until it gets cold again.  I should have stayed in SC where they have change of seasons but not so severe as ours.  I do love the colors of autumn though.  Your pitcher sounds beautiful and we'll be looking for pics.

@lucymo  Boy are you right about this bunch.We didn't skip a beat.  I have already started putting out some of my pumpkins although its 97 here.  Since I dragged them out to take a pic, I wasn't about to put them all back away. LOL.  Of course, if we don't create our own seasons, it never happens in this neck of the woods.  Even our "cold spells" aren't really that cold.  

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

Well, I ended up buying all three sizes in black. I don't know if I'll cancel the 25" one since it might be too large for where I want to place it. These are my first Luminara lanterns, had a large solar lantern (don't know brand) in the same size as the 25" and gave it away, couldn't figure out all the switches on it and then I couldn't get the solar to work correctly. 

They are all a good price. There are similar lanterns at Colonial Williamsburg online, 15' and 18", for $89/99. 

col. wmsburg lantern

@Nomore  And the 18" is $99.99 at Col Williamsburg...nearly twice the price compared to the ones at the Q...no option of colors and the remote isn't included either!!!

It goes to show what a GREAT deal the Luminara TSV is today Smiley Very Happy

Good thing we got the red, it looks like it's sold out at the moment. Some people will cancel though, I'm sure.

@lucymo  Me too!!! ^breaths a sigh of relief*  I can;t wait til we all get them too. Please post a pic when you decorate with yours!!! Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise, I will do that.  Ours will be used on the table on our covered front porch.  I'll probably put some cedar or other greens around it for Christmas.  I'm excited to get it but it takes a long time to get my QVC items, don't know why.  Red is gone in all sizes.

@lucymo Glad both you and SL got the colors you wanted. When you hesitated, I was afraid you'd miss out.  I'm excited to get mine.  I think it can be used year round with different decor/hoiday items.  I only have one set of Luminara candles (the window candles) and any info on thecandles they make which are indoor/outdoor is appreciated. Just hope it doesn't look like plastic.

@MTH I reallu believe you will be pleased with any Luminara product you buy. I love all of ours. As for special info...two things come to mind. When the batteries are about to die, the flame will flicker brightly and fast...kinda like an fyi which is very helpful. 2nd, if you have a remote, in order for it to work, your candle must be in the 'on' position...not on timer mode or off...HTH Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Ok. Thanks.  Hopefully they come with good directions.  Let's hope you didn't start a tidal wave over here.  Hubby may disown me if I start collecting anything else.  He's been pretty good with my JS collection. Don't want to press my luck...LOL

MTH, I'm betting your DH will love that lantern and the hay bale.  We have a lantern that hangs on our porch and DH changes the batteries when they get weak.  He loves it and I bet yours will too.

@lucymo  I hope you're right or I may be moving to MO.

Respected Contributor

Ok, I originally ordered the Black 25" night at mignight. Just orderd the 19" as well. Wonder if I can hold out and not buy the third one!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

Well, I ended up buying all three sizes in black. I don't know if I'll cancel the 25" one since it might be too large for where I want to place it. These are my first Luminara lanterns, had a large solar lantern (don't know brand) in the same size as the 25" and gave it away, couldn't figure out all the switches on it and then I couldn't get the solar to work correctly. 

They are all a good price. There are similar lanterns at Colonial Williamsburg online, 15' and 18", for $89/99. 

col. wmsburg lantern

@Nomore  And the 18" is $99.99 at Col Williamsburg...nearly twice the price compared to the ones at the Q...no option of colors and the remote isn't included either!!!

Good thing we got the red, it looks like it's sold out at the moment. Some people will cancel though, I'm sure.

@lucymo  Me too!!! ^breaths a sigh of relief*  I can;t wait til we all get them too. Please post a pic when you decorate with yours!!! Smiley Very Happy

@Susan Louise, I will do that.  Ours will be used on the table on our covered front porch.  I'll probably put some cedar or other greens around it for Christmas.  I'm excited to get it but it takes a long time to get my QVC items, don't know why.  Red is gone in all sizes.

@lucymo Glad both you and SL got the colors you wanted. When you hesitated, I was afraid you'd miss out.  I'm excited to get mine.  I think it can be used year round with different decor/hoiday items.  I only have one set of Luminara candles (the window candles) and any info on thecandles they make which are indoor/outdoor is appreciated. Just hope it doesn't look like plastic.

@MTH I reallu believe you will be pleased with any Luminara product you buy. I love all of ours. As for special info...two things come to mind. When the batteries are about to die, the flame will flicker brightly and fast...kinda like an fyi which is very helpful. 2nd, if you have a remote, in order for it to work, your candle must be in the 'on' position...not on timer mode or off...HTH Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  Ok. Thanks.  Hopefully they come with good directions.  Let's hope you didn't start a tidal wave over here.  Hubby may disown me if I start collecting anything else.  He's been pretty good with my JS collection. Don't want to press my luck...LOL

MTH, I'm betting your DH will love that lantern and the hay bale.  We have a lantern that hangs on our porch and DH changes the batteries when they get weak.  He loves it and I bet yours will too.

@MTH, you'd be welcome.  Don't forget the long underwear, it get cold here sometimes.  lol  Bring the lantern too.  :-) 

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise  Thank you for the info re: the operation of the remote!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

col. wmsburg lantern

@MTH, you'd be welcome.  Don't forget the long underwear, it get cold here sometimes.  lol  Bring the lantern too.  :-) 

@lucymo ROFLMAO.  I guess the lantern would get thrown out with me.

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Ok, I originally ordered the Black 25" night at mignight. Just orderd the 19" as well. Wonder if I can hold out and not buy the third one!

@Jacie,  well, if you're lucky it will sell out and you won't have to make that decision.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

col. wmsburg lantern

@MTH, Well, if you get thrown out over the lantern you deserve to get custody of it. :-)  Poor guy, he doesn't even know about it yet and we're already moving you and the lantern to MO. LOL

Honored Contributor

Just curious...Is there a reason your text is so light?  It is almost impossible to read.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

col. wmsburg lantern

@MTH, Well, if you get thrown out over the lantern you deserve to get custody of it. :-)  Poor guy, he doesn't even know about it yet and we're already moving you and the lantern to MO. LOL

@lucymo  Ha ha.  Yea and he's a pretty good guy so I'd miss him! Woman Sad