Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara Extravaganza W/TSV!!

I'm still out at this point.

I like the size of the biggest one, but the candle inside is not substantial enough for the size of the lantern. Looks like they skimped on it.

I do like the clean lines (which I didn't at first). And the black one would be perfect with the newest decor I've done on my front porch.

The price isn't horrible, but the fact that the candle doesn't come out is the deal breaker for me at this point. If it fails, the lantern is useless. Perhaps it can be unscrewed, but then I think you have a big hole in the bottom of the lantern.

Heading off to other sites to see just plain lanterns elsewhere for ideas, pricing etc.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

I caved and bought my first lantern. Got the TSV in the 19" black.  Love the look on a haybail so I'm heading back to HL today to pick up one of their haybails.  

@MTH  Woman LOL  

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

I caved and bought my first lantern. Got the TSV in the 19" black.  Love the look on a haybail so I'm heading back to HL today to pick up one of their haybails.  

@MTH  Woman LOL  

@lucymo  Did you get ths one or do you have other lanterns??

Respected Contributor

I just canceled my 16" ivory.  I have watched pretty much all the presentations & it looks best for me in the 19".   I already have the churchill in ivory, no question Luminara will be coming out with more lanterns.  The 25" looks unbalanced to me in needing more of a candle presence & the 16" candle looks smushed in & needs to be a bit smaller at certain angles.  Again, my eye & perception of what will work best for me.  But then again, the closer it gets to the TSV witching hour, I've been known to reorder.  The day is still very young.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH  Woman LOL  

@lucymo  Did you get ths one or do you have other lanterns??

@MTH,  No, I haven't ordered a lantern so far.  I do like them  and I am tempted but I have several lanterns so thinking I may pass on this and get some of the candles.  I'm glad that you got one though and it will be great with the hay bale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I just canceled my 16" ivory.  I have watched pretty much all the presentations & it looks best for me in the 19".   I already have the churchill in ivory, no question Luminara will be coming out with more lanterns.  The 25" looks unbalanced to me in needing more of a candle presence & the 16" candle looks smushed in & needs to be a bit smaller at certain angles.  Again, my eye & perception of what will work best for me.  But then again, the closer it gets to the TSV witching hour, I've been known to reorder.  The day is still very young.  

@BornToShop,  I thought the same thing about the 16" one.  The candlle looks too chubby for the size of the lantern.  I'm still mulling it over, don't know which one or any that I want.  I think the 19" is the best looking, overall.  I'm sure it will sell out while I'm deciding. Another thing about the 16" one, there doesn't seem to be any space left to add cones or anything we might want to add.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@BornToShop,  I thought the same thing about the 16" one.  The candlle looks too chubby for the size of the lantern.  I'm still mulling it over, don't know which one or any that I want.  I think the 19" is the best looking, overall.  I'm sure it will sell out while I'm deciding. Another thing about the 16" one, there doesn't seem to be any space left to add cones or anything we might want to add.

@lucymo Good point on the space.  I do plan on adding seasonal items to the lantern so I'd want there to be some space.  There is still plenty of time to order and there are advanced orders on them!!!Smiley TongueWoman Wink

@BornToShop  I think we will love that size.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

I ordered two of the 19" in black. I plan on replacing the candle with a taller size if the glow is not enough due to the resin candle. I have a pair of 9" ivory in the Luminara plus a 9" in both teal and red.

Trusted Contributor

You can always add fake fall leaves. They don't take up much space! Tall cinnamon sticks!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm still out at this point.

I like the size of the biggest one, but the candle inside is not substantial enough for the size of the lantern. Looks like they skimped on it.

I do like the clean lines (which I didn't at first). And the black one would be perfect with the newest decor I've done on my front porch.

The price isn't horrible, but the fact that the candle doesn't come out is the deal breaker for me at this point. If it fails, the lantern is useless. Perhaps it can be unscrewed, but then I think you have a big hole in the bottom of the lantern.

Heading off to other sites to see just plain lanterns elsewhere for ideas, pricing etc.

The candle will come out but you do have the opening then. As long as you are replacing it with another Luminara in the same width it will be fine. That's what I plan on doing as I like a little larger candle in mine. I have the 18" in the Luminara Cathedral lantern and I removed that candle because the glow from the resin candle was not enough.