Esteemed Contributor

Re: Luminara Extravaganza W/TSV!!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

As much as I love Luminara candles (and have quite a few to prove it).....I just wish they would consider the customers that live in warm climates and allow you to order their wax candles now, but ship later.  With it being 98, 99, or 100 degrees here sometimes the candles actually melt if they are ordered and shipped in June, July, or August.......

Since they did not respond to SHOPR's question on FB, I did email Luminara on their website and also QVC.......

@Spurt, I am totally lost (no surprise there LOL) but I haven't asked any questions on FB.  Edited:  Oh, I see, you meant mallemo.  I just had to re-read this thread to understand.  Sorry.

Anyway,  I just received 4 Luminaras a few days ago, the mercury glass ones with wax inside.  They arrived just fine, not even hot inside the styrofoam (shocked!) and it was in the high 90s here.  Oh, and it took a full 10 days to get them from the day they were marked shipped.  I was very worried that they would be liquid from the long transit time in this heat, but they were not affected.  

Your suggestion is a good one, though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

About the strong scent, my Luminara 360s FINALLY quit smelling up the room they are in.  It did take a long time, months. 

FYI, The s/2 mercury glass Luminaras that I just received have the exact same warm sugared vanilla (and coconut???) scent that the 360s had.  Boy, they are strong.  I don't seem to react to this scent in a bad way like I do some others, but I can see where it could cause problems for others.  Strong!  I love them, though.

Respected Contributor

I just orderd the 16" & 19" in the cream, YAY!  H205417 $44; H205418 $59 & H205419 $74 all with three easy pays!  

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

I just orderd the 16" & 19" in the cream, YAY!  H205417 $44; H205418 $59 & H205419 $74 all with three easy pays!  

So, I guess you received a pre-order email?  You know, I am signed up to receive TSV emails on two different accounts and I never, ever get the pre-order email.  I just don't understand.

Valued Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

So, I guess you received a pre-order email?  You know, I am signed up to receive TSV emails on two different accounts and I never, ever get the pre-order email.  I just don't understand.

I put a photo and the pre-order email link in the other Luminara thread as well. I think I will get the 19" in black to go with my 18" Luminara Cathedral lantern. The indoor/outdoor candles that come with their lanterns don't show any light in the body of the candle but I just take that one out and replace with my own Luminara.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Susan Matthews shared this Pinterest page on her FB page in relation to the TSV tomorrow.

Click here

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003 I almost never get the preorder emails either.  I didn't get this one.  It's nice of mallemo to post the link. 

You've got mail.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003 I almost never get the preorder emails either.  I didn't get this one.  It's nice of mallemo to post the link. 

You've got mail.

Mallemo is the best.  Mail reply sent. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Even though I already ordered our 16" and 19" red lanterns, I still can't wait to see the presentation for them! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

The smallest size lantern is the nicest.  There is something off about the proportions of the others with regards to the size of the candles and the size of the lanterns.