Frequent Contributor

Re: Luminara Candle Trouble

[ Edited ]

wrote:

OMG, that just happend to my Luminara candle in my room. I was watching a movie and suddenly the candle turned on. The remote control is stored away in a drawer! I honestly thought I had a ghost in my room. I found this thread and seems I'm not alone. Should I be worried?

Please don't be worried.  If your ghost is like mine, he/she is harmless and apparently enjoys candlelight

Funny to see my old thread pop up.  My  candle remote was in a drawer when the candles turned on in my family room.  Sometimes they turned on when I was not in the room and I would return to see one or more doing their little flicker dance.

The TV was always on when the candles turned on.  That day when I brought in the antique filing cabinet, I had left the TV on pause when we picked up the cabinet, so the TV was on when we were not home and the candle lit itself.

My candles continued to turn on for about a year and then stopped until November 2017.  Something different started happening.  My window taper candles (different candles than the original ones) in our front room started turning on when my husband was watching a new TV in that room.  He discovered this new TV remote could turn on and off all of my remote enabled luminara candles. . My old TV remote for the family room TV does not turn them on.

The common denominator is the television.  It is always on when the candles turn themselves on.  I think I can rule out Casper. 

Good luck with your candles! 

New Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

OMG, that just happend to my Luminara candle in my room. I was watching a movie and suddenly the candle turned on. The remote control is stored away in a drawer! I honestly thought I had a ghost in my room. I found this thread and seems I'm not alone. Should I be worried?

Please don't be worried.  If your ghost is like mine, he/she is harmless and apparently enjoys candlelight

Funny to see my old thread pop up.  My  candle remote was in a drawer when the candles turned on in my family room.  Sometimes they turned on when I was not in the room and I would return to see one or more doing their little flicker dance.

The TV was always on when the candles turned on.  That day when I brought in the antique filing cabinet, I had left the TV on pause when we picked up the cabinet, so the TV was on when we were not home and the candle lit itself.

My candles continued to turn on for about a year and then stopped until November 2017.  Something different started happening.  My window taper candles (different candles than the original ones) in our front room started turning on when my husband was watching a new TV in that room.  He discovered this new TV remote could turn on and off all of my remote enabled luminara candles. . My old TV remote for the family room TV does not turn them on.

The common denominator is the television.  It is always on when the candles turn themselves on.  I think I can rule out Casper. 

Good luck with your candles! 

Thank you much for the clarification!!!! I tested all of the buttons of my TV remote and discovered that that is the culprit!!! Hahahaha.... I'm still laughing here.... 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @Hetty my TV remote turns mine on in the family room.....

it is the remote for the Smart TV not Directv......