Valued Contributor

I bought two 17” lanterns with candles. This is my first Luminara purchase. Neither candles work. I bought new batteries, I checked to make sure they are in correctly and when I press the button nothing happens. I even pressed down on battery cover thinking maybe it’s not getting contact. What am I missing. Can it be possible that both candles are broken?

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

I received a set of three spheres by Valerie and two of them didn't work so it can happen

I love Luminara and have never had a problem but there is always a first time.

Call customer service and tell them why you are sending back and then write in on the packing slip....they will credit your account for the whole amount.

I would chance it and reorder

Trusted Contributor

@SandPiper

I'm sorry that's happening to you, such a dissapointment!! If you purchased from QVC, I'd get on the horn immediately and have them send you a replacement and return on their dime. You have until the end of the month. I don't own the lantern, but knock on wood, my recent Luminaras are working fine. Call customer service! 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

All my luminara have switches you slide.  What do you mean by button?  Have you taken a look at the directions?  I'd also try a different brand batteries before declaring them dead.  It's odd they don't work, so I hope it's something simple.

Valued Contributor

some of the older ones (or perhaps newer ones?) have buttons.  It was always harder for me to set these....you had to press the buttons multiple times depending on the amount of hours you wanted the candles to "burn" for

Valued Contributor

Apparently there are 2 types of candles. The pamphlet shows a button one or a slide switch. I’ve tried everything I can think of. I feel so silly because it seems so simple. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Trusted Contributor

@SandPiper

Do the lanterns have a remote?  If so, turn the switch to the on position and try turning them on with the remote.

Valued Contributor

@itsmetoo They do have remotes, one remote was missing (probably a repack). I didn’t purchase “as is”. The remote I do have doesn’t light the candle. This is horrible. Thanks for your suggestion anyway.