Honored Contributor

Re: Love the cabinet color!!!!!

Not bad at all. I don't mind the small prep sink but wouldn't want the main one in the island.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Odd ... people sit around an island with a sink?   

And, it appears there's not much room for those chairs between the island and the cabinets behind them.

@ALRATIBA   I agree re the sink.  When the kitchen was remodeled years ago, I was told to have a sink in the island, I said no, I already have a sink three feet away, I want a clear surface to work on.  I think it defeats the purpose of an island to have a sink in it.

I was also told to have hanging lights, forget the actual name of these, over the island and over the sink.  I said no, I would have to clean them, no way did I want yet more items to have to clean, so I had recessed lights installed and they work perfectly.  Over the island I have a fan with lights, best idea I ever had.

I told the so-called designer when I hired her, that I would design the kitchen, she was to draw the plans.  This frustrated her, but my money, my way.  I had been planning this kitchen for eons, so knew exactly what I wanted, my vision, not hers.  I think she learned quite a bit from me, lol.

Honored Contributor

It's good looking but I would tire of the color.  I think if lighter cabinet were above and blue below it would work for me.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Normally, I don't like dark kitchen cabinets but it really works here.  It is a lovely kitchen and appears to get a lot of light.  A big thumbs up for me!!    

Honored Contributor

I really like it!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Thanks for trying Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love navy blue cabinets.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

And, it appears there's not much room for those chairs between the island and the cabinets behind them.

@ALRATIBA 

It is required by law to have 4-feet although the photograph may not appear so.  The sink is used for mixing drinks and rinsing glasses, not washing the pots and pans.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@ALRATIBA   The sink in the island seems to be a new trend.  I've seen several new constructions that have it and I do not like it at all and it would be a deal breaker for me.

@kaydee50  

Three of my four children have those sinks in their homes with the large sink over on the other side.  That sink is used only for preparing drinks and rinsing glasses when you have guests but otherwise when there are no guests, they use it for cleaning veggies, etc.  

This looks a lot like #3 child's kitchen except their cabinets are really a green that is almost black.  One child has cabinets that are black.  Another has white cabinets with a very similar, but much larger, kitchen.  The baby child has a 1960s ranch house with reproduction of the original kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

I just don't like the look of an island with a sink - no matter what it's used for. 

My mother's house had an island .... we used it to do big jigsaw puzzles.  Never entertained "company" in the kitchen.

------------------------------

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

It is required by law to have 4-feet although the photograph may not appear so.  The sink is used for mixing drinks and rinsing glasses, not washing the pots and pans.