Honored Contributor

Re: Love the cabinet color!!!!!

I like this kitchen. I really like the cabinets, wall, color, doors, and counters. The lights & backsplash are ok. Not crazy about the artwork on the far wall. The range hood is a bit big. I would still want a regular table & chairs somewhere - maybe in the adjoining dining area? 

Respected Contributor

If I had an island in my kitchen I'd have to crawl over it too get to anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

The room seems long and narrow to me, not my cup of tea.  Not loving that blue that is everywhere now.   I had a large island in my home before we downsized.  They are lovely to have and come in useful.  They need to "fit" properly though in the size of the kitchen.  My kitchen was plenty big leaving ample room to get around it.  My best friend has an island so large that people have to pull in to let you get by, like a crowded restaurant........(well, back in the day).   As far as the sink, I do not like my sink in the middle of the kitchen.  One large sink IMO along the wall is plenty and more sterile.    I don't like it where people are sitting around talking and eating.  Just me.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Odd ... people sit around an island with a sink?   

And, it appears there's not much room for those chairs between the island and the cabinets behind them.

@ALRATIBA 

Ummm absolutely! I have my sink in my huge island. And yes, we all sit around it! You've never have seen a sink in an island? Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Odd ... people sit around an island with a sink?   

And, it appears there's not much room for those chairs between the island and the cabinets behind them.

@ALRATIBA 

Ummm absolutely! I have my sink in my huge island. And yes, we all sit around it! You've never have seen a sink in an island? Woman Surprised

-------------------------------------------------------------

@ID2 

No - never have.   I can only think of one person I know who even has an island - no seats.

Just the thought of hanging out in the kitchen, sitting around a sink, doesn't seem all that attractive to me.

Honored Contributor

Drab, colorless and boring in addition to being dark.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I like this kitchen.  This looks like a small sink to me.  It doesn't look like the main sink.  I'll bet there's another larger one.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Really nice kitchen, with those great vintage-looking pendant lights, and that beautiful hood....   Has a pleasant vibe that would make me enjoy working there.

Esteemed Contributor

Nice!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

It's very nice!

@CANDLEQUEEN  are there more pictures of this kitchen?