Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

Re: Love the cabinet color!!!!!

I like this too...
Honored Contributor

Odd ... people sit around an island with a sink?   

And, it appears there's not much room for those chairs between the island and the cabinets behind them.

Honored Contributor

I love everything about this kitchen.  I wish I could see the rest of it.

I would be in heaven with a little prep sink on an island like that.  My current kitchen has two of those stacked upper cabinets sitting on the counter.  Love them too.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   The sink in the island seems to be a new trend.  I've seen several new constructions that have it and I do not like it at all and it would be a deal breaker for me.

Honored Contributor

I like everything about this kitchen...wouldn't change a thing.

Honored Contributor

I think there are probably two sinks in this kitchen. I looked at the real estate pictures of Lisa Robertson's new house and her kitchen has three sinks.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Beautiful, and restful on the eye.  This kitchen could be kept a long time.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Very nice! I'm glad to see the two-color cabinet style continuing, and I especially like the white on top with a darker color below. Leaves a lot of room to be creative with the countertops, too.

For me personally, I'd be in heaven if I had an island with nothing on it at all. Not only pleasant to sit at and prepare meals on, but a great addition to my home -- one great big place to spread out a craft project, or cut out sewing patterns, or make many batches of cookies or noodles, or wrap all my holiday gifts at once, or fold laundry, etc. I no longer have a big dining room table, but even when I did, I didn't want to do messy things there, plus it wasn't counter height. So I can imagine the big, flat island surface becoming the functional hub of my whole house.

Honored Contributor

Take out the island and put a nice table and comfortable chairs there and I like it!