Respected Contributor

Lots of little things or one big thing?

Do you like lots of little things for Christmas or one/two big things?

Just curious......

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lots of little things or one big thing?

I personally like one big gift and stocking stuffers.

Im good with that.  This yr I think its a Michael Kors bag.

Or my hubby and I will buy one big thing for the home.  Last yr for Xmas we got granite counter tops.  LOL

Honored Contributor

My DH and I don't exchange gifts since we buy throughout the year as we need things. Also we've been doing some updates to the house so Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary to us. if I get something from someone else I'm pleased with whatever I get.

Honored Contributor

since I can't think of a big thing I need or want, I do like lots of little thingsSmiley Happy

But I know a lot of people have a big thing in mind.

Course I could say a house overlooking the ocean, a dog along with a caretaker helper, a ranch with a bunch of animals and a guy to go with it and help take care of them all, a family compound where we all live in the same dang state! another trip like my mother gave me to swim with the dolphins but this time to go with one of my children-whoever wants to!

🐬Well, you asked😄  🏘

I'll take the Diagnosis Murder beach house-thanks!😂 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

My DH and I don't exchange gifts since we buy throughout the year as we need things. Also we've been doing some updates to the house so Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary to us. if I get something from someone else I'm pleased with whatever I get.

Your post reminded me of the year when my husband and I agreed not to exchange gifts anymore-for the same reasons you mentioned.  Well, he DID buy me a present.  I was so upset that I shoved it unopened under the couch where I was sitting.  My family thought I was crazy--especially my new son-in-law!  It wasn't until April when I remembered it was still there!  Needless to say, my husband never bought me a Christmas again!

@OKPrincess wrote:

Honored Contributor

We had to purchase a new washing machine on Tuesday.  No big presents as such, but we’re clean!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

andRe: Lots of little things or one big thing?

DH and I have not exchanged gifts in years.....neither one of us get many gifts...his daughter sends us gift cards for restaurants....we like those.

Honored Contributor

I prefer one thing I really want, which is why I usually pick it out myself.  

Honored Contributor

We do something either for the both of us or for our house. We discuss it ahead of time and decide what we would like to do. Then we usually give each other a small gift or two.

Honored Contributor

I like 1 big and hubby likes several smaller.....opposites do attract sometimes.Woman Wink