Honored Contributor

Re: Lots and Lots of Blue...

@wilma wrote:

Way too much blue for me. The blue cushions and lamps would be enough for me. I would want a neutral wall color, floor, and curtains. I agree that the lamps on the dining table are strange there. I would put them on the buffet by the beautiful windows. 

@wilma 

The overload of blue is jarring and does not give the eye a chance to rest without jerking away to "next."

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I agree, too much blue. 

However, I love the wallpaper!!

@OKPrincess 

Wouldn't that wallpaper be beautiful in a girl's bedroom with white lacquered campaign chest and bed, a light color hardwood floor and white pastel needlepoint rug, a couple bud vases of yellow sweetheart roses, one on a round light wooden colored nightstand and the other on her camapign chest dresser.

Honored Contributor

Everything would have to go in this room. Wallpaper down, drapes down, furniture and decor donated or sold...and start over.

Esteemed Contributor

Blue  is my favorite color, but this room is too much for me!

Respected Contributor

The blues are really pretty in the room. The lamps on the table look really out of place. They are just overpowering.

Honored Contributor

I don't care for the tablecloth, the chandelier, or the wallpaper, or the curtains!

The cushions are fine as well as the lamps, but remove the lamps from the table, they are not needed there.

It's overboard!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I prefer lighter shades of blue on the walls.  I agree about the lamps not being necessary, for me a chandelier is enough.  I do like the chairs.  With some changes, this would be a lovely area for me.

Respected Contributor

The designer has simply taken a creative approach to the tablescape.....nothing wrong with that. 

Valued Contributor

A little too busy for me ...  BUT at least they covered the lightbulbs in the chandelier with little lampshade pieces ...  I DO NOT like the new pendant lamps or chandeliers with plain light bulbs lit up ...  they hurt my eyes and I don't like the look ...  just me !!

Esteemed Contributor

YUCK!   At first look I thought there was a ladder hanging down above that table!!Woman Very HappyWoman EmbarassedWoman Frustrated