Super Contributor

Looking for washcloth without hem.

When I first saw washclothes hemmed instead of the whipstitching, or blanket stitch, whatever it's called, I thought, "It's about time!". But, once I washed them, it became clear that, with the excess fabric in the corners, I could no longer fold them in quarters to stack in linen closet.  To add to that, the hems come undone!

I don't shop much B&M, and have only found 2 that aren't hemmed. Kohl's "Big One", but the edges got shabby very quickly, and a Walmart one, which was a tad better. Online, they all seem to be hemmed.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably-priced, non-hemmed washcloth? I'd prefer not to pay more than $4-5 each, tho I used to get the Kohl's Fieldcrest for much less, and.... well, that was in the 1980's, and I'm still using them. Would gladly pay $5 for one that would last that long!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for washcloth without hem.

You guys probably think I'm crazy but I have for guests the thick, nice wash rags.

However, every night I use the microfiber cloths you get like a zillion from QVC.  I wash my face every night with them, just use water.  Then I follow up with Dr. Denese firming facial pads (exfoliate).

They take off the waterproof eye make, etc.  I've used them for years.  I'm convinced that's ONE of the reasons I don't have any wrinkles or spots on my face.

I do have very large pores but nothing else.  I wouldn't say I have pretty skin at all (large pores) but those microfiber cloths clean my face really well.  In the shower I use one of those plastic sponge like things.  I like plastic because it doesn't hold bacteria.

Anyway, I don't know if that's what you're looking for but it works for me.  Like I said, I have the thick wash rags, towels, etc for guests, but I love those microfiber cloths.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

173836.gif@ washrags.  Haven't heard that word in eons!!!  Brings back fond home memories.  All the "washrags" had fringes on the ends.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I buy 'edgeless' microfiber cloths. They don't have any stitching or hem on them but instead they have been laser cut. I'm not sure I would use them for your face but the ones I have are excellent for cleaning around the house. When you launder them they don't curl up around the edges...I hate that part!  These stay completely flat and are so easy to fold and put away. No fraying or snagged surged stitches. Search 'edgeless towel' on amazon.

Honored Contributor

I looked on QVC but didn't see one's like I bought here.

The one's they show aren't the same one's I bought.  I think HSN probably have some.  

Good grief!  I got so many for $19.  I have tons of them.  I think other people here also got them.

Super Contributor

Wash rag and dish rag!  Probably not upper class but that is what we called them when I was growing up. 

Super Contributor

Thanks for the responses, @Annabellethecat66, and @SilleeMee. I do have that large bundle of cleaning clothes, and they're great for dusting etc. But I just don't think I could use them for bathing, I need cotton. Plus, there's no matching towels lol and I'm kinda matchy-matchy. The doorknob on my kitchen door doesn't match the deadbolt, and it drives me a little crazy!

And @Mz iMac: I remember the fringes!!!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Duck

Dish rag I still call dishcloths that.  Because, I buy them all from the Dollar Store.  You get 6 for  a dollar.  Nice thick "rags" too.   No shame in my game. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

Wash rag and dish rag!  Probably not upper class but that is what we called them when I was growing up. 

I still call both that.  I have to remember to say “cloth” when I’m in polite company!😊😀

Honored Contributor

I like white washcloths,and towels for my use,look on amazon i got some washrags ,luv that  annabellthe cat,we use to call them that also.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.