Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for suggestions for paint color for a utility room

@morganjen  Your kitchen/util set up sounds so much like our's. Our's had/has 1970s written all over it. The house is DH's G'Parents from about 1910 or so. Kit, mudroom off kit  We're always workg on this kitchen updating, we're finally there.

Anyway, walls are 3/4 darker grey, upper 1/4 rolls into the ceilg is a really light, the mudrm is painted the same to mimc nicely the flow coming into the kitchen. We have a pantry as well that has all 34 cupboards, sink. Three yrs ago we finally put in a new couter top & mosaic backsplash in fairly dark and light grey and a mergury glass silver laid horizontally. Countertop is a composite marble, granite, recycled glass. Cupboards are even a softer grey. Floor is a green product called marmoleum in 12"sq light, med, red checkerbrd-like/

FINALLY a FINISHED kitchen, pantry, mudroom that I LOVE!!!

I'd go with shades of greys and throw in your fav acent color(s). Finally those strawberries gotta go, you'll be SO excited. There's a funky wall covering on our walls, a linoleum kind of product. It would've be major reno to remove the walls b/c that covering is NOT coming off without major help. That's the part we painted dark grey, btw we went back to beautiful white porceline appliances. I OVE THEM, look great against the grey walls.

Best of luck and really, have fun w/your project. You & your's will be thrilled when it's complete!