Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for opinions on "walk-in" tubs

Hmmm...I've seen estimates that the walk-ins hold 50-55 gallons and 40-80 gallons.  You'd have to check the capacity of each tub.  I hadn't actually given any thought to maybe needing a larger water heater or a tankless one.  From what I was reading, my achy shoulder probably wouldn't be submerged either.  I think I'm ruling those tubs out.  Maybe a hot tub would be better but I don't want the maintenance😏

@Mominohio

Respected Contributor

This thread is fascinating! So many great points made (having to wait inside the tub while it filled, and while it emptied, for example)--and the expense, and the resale value of a home with such a tub. . .I appreciate reading these comments.

Contributor

These are good points.

Contributor

Thanks to all of you who responded, great ideas and information. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're in the process of remodeling our bath ...  just waiting for all the stuff on order to be delivered ...  I'm giving up the tub and going for a walk-in shower with a bench and handicap bars ... the works.   I'm having knee surgery soon, and a hip replacement following that.  I'm going to need all the help I can get.

Honored Contributor

The walk-in shower with the bench will be a big help with your surgeries, @SoX.  I've had both knees replaced and may be looking at a hip replacement next year.  Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy

Thanks, tansy ... I'm excited about the bathroom  (picked some lovely colors and styles) ... just wish I felt the same about the surgery, lol.

Occasional Contributor

Hi there, I have heard good review about walk in bathtub that they are easily accessbile and more comfortable for person who patient of arthritis or disabled. I have heard good reviews about this site online. You can also check for it.

Honored Contributor

I would really love a walk in tub as I take baths every day. I have very dry skin and use bath oils  plus arthritis in my back and soaking in warm water helps with the pain.However, they are too expensive. We now have a garden tub so I think we are going to look into a lift seat for the current tub instead.

Honored Contributor

I really do not like to take a bath. Too drying to my skin.When we put our addition in we added a handicap accessible bathroom. Our shower has a low thresh hold.One could add a shower chaiir if needed.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.