Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for ideas on how to cover glass doors of a cabinet

Window cling is very easy to use and you want to spring for the deionized spray that goes with it.  It allows you to move the cling film around easily for installation and dries without residue.  If you buy the kit it comes with a squeegie to get all the bubble out.

Don't be afraid of the cling film.

THey make really nice frosted ones with nice patters.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for all of the great suggestions. Think I'll go ahead and try the window film after all (also going to check out the spray). There are so many pretty patterns, and it doesn't cost very much. Just hope I don't mess it up. 

Oh, ID2, concerning your comment that I should have chosen the solid door cabinet--as I had stated, I got the one I did because it was the right size, color, and price. Of all the ones I looked at (and I looked at a lot!!!), very few met all three requirements. The main problems were usually the cost or the width. I got the item that was best for me, knowing ahead of time that I could choose to not do anything about the glass or could somehow cover it at a very low cost. So, yes, I am saving money over what I would have paid out to buy any of the other cabinets I found with solid doors (about a $100 savings).

Esteemed Contributor

@qualityshopper wrote:

I've ordered a floor cabinet with glass doors to store things in such as my shoes, DVDs, etc. I didn't really want glass, but this cabinet fit my requirements (color, size, & especially cost). So now I'm looking for ways I can cover the glass to help obscure what's inside. Am thinking about using vinyl window film but can't help but wonder If I can apply it correctly. When it comes to being crafty, my abilities leave a lot to be desired. Would any of you have any other suggestions on how to cover the glass? (Think the glass measures 8.5 x 27.5) Thanks for any help.

Last year I had a bathtub with a glass shower enclosure installed in my upstairs hall bathroom. There's no frame on the sides so it's hard to tell if it's open or closed. I ordered Peel & Stick Decals from Walmart on-line and put butterflies down the sides and in the middle of the glass doors. I also have many beautiful flower decals in my bedroom - over my bed - and on the wall of my bathroom/dressing area. Inexpensive and attractive - and can be easily removed.

Respected Contributor

I had a bathroom window (can't be open just to let light in) used the frosted glass film & it just pulls off with no problem. 

Valued Contributor

@kivah --Thanks for the info. I'll check those out.