Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for cleaning supplies that really work.

For cleaning the glass stove top, the best thing I've found so far is something I picked up at Lowes - called Cerama Bryte liquid and scrubber sponges.

Capture.PNG

Esteemed Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

For cleaning the glass stove top, the best thing I've found so far is something I picked up at Lowes - called Cerama Bryte liquid and scrubber sponges.

Capture.PNG

I have this and it is very good.

Super Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

1.  I want to clean my stove top.  Someone mentioned a cleaning cloth.  Anyone have a name or some advice

2.  Looking for  really good glass cleaners (windows mostly)

3.  Looking for stainsteel cleaners 

Just anything that someone has found to be effective and "wonderful beyond words."

I would NEVER be without Simple Green.   It comes in a gallon jug.  Pour into your

own spray bottle  One part Simple Green to 3 Parts water.   It is amazing for cleaning

counter tops, stove tops ,  stainless steel, even mopping floors.  Excellent for cleaning

sinks and porcelain .    I use it in conjunction with Comet for cleaning my sinks and

toilet as well.    I also would never be without my SOS pads for cleaning

the glass on my stove top along with my Simple Green.  

Recently I purchased on HSN a Turbo Scrubber.   I will use it to clean the grout

on my floors and shower.   Check it out on HSN.

For glass cleaner I have had best luck with Sparkle.   Those are my 3 go to's .    Oh

and of course, I would never be without bleach for sanitizing.   And for those

stubborn smells you want to get rid of quick. ?    Citrus Orange Spray.   It is 100 percent orange oil, it just takes a spritz , and it gets rid of any lingering cooking

smell you might want to get rid of.   Great also in the bathroom , any room really,

Love love love.   Don't get just any Orange Spray.   The one I am speaking of

is the only one that works.     Good Luck and Happy cleaning !

Esteemed Contributor

1. Bio Cleaner (from QVC) for stove, espeially glass top; outside of microwave.

2. One part vinegar to 3 parts water and a drop or two of Dawn liquid in a spray bottle for cleaning glass, although I'm going to look for the commercial foam cleaner mentioned by others here.

I wouldn't use anything other than the Clorox Wand cleaners with the snap on cleaning disks for the toilets...under the rim gunk is gone and the toilet bowl is fresh and clean. I trashed every one of my yukky toilet bowl brushes after using the wand just one time. Ditto for the Clorox wet wipes for the sinks, vanities and toilets...I refuse to clean them with anything that needs to be washed!

Valued Contributor

@Shogirl,  I recently rediscovered Magic Eraser & am using them everywhere..just realized you can use them dry..

Honored Contributor

I don’t buy near as many cleaners as I used to.   I wipe down bathroom surfaces daily with Clorox or Lysol wipes, use Clorox wands for the toilet, clean the shower walls with white vinegar, water and dish detergent.   My laminate flooring is mopped with vinegar and water.  My tile floors are mopped with Lysol cleaner, and steamed.   I use plain water and microfiber cloths to clean my windows.   I always have bleach available, and pour peroxide down all drains weekly to take care of soap scum and odor.   

I bought Bio Cleaner, but have not found it to be as good as advertised.   I do use the recommended cleaner for my smoothtop range.   

Respected Contributor

invisable glass ($6 a bottle) use it only on windows & mirrors, awsome cleaner from dollar tree is good but if you need glass shower door/bbq huge grime use mean green got it at lowes or home depot, it cleans great but read there are some surfaces that may cause damage plus you have to rinse it. It is a degreaser but you can mix it with water if you feel it is too strong. The key to all these cleaners is to let it sit for about a minute give it a chance. I have stainless steel fridge & appliances and so many people said go with pledge muti cleaner for that, tried it and suprise it took all fingerprints & spills off appliances without leaving any smears I thank all of you for that. Hope this helps also use bar keepers for my stainless steel sink too. Just let it all sit and see if not for you then find something else but so far this all works for me.

Respected Contributor

don't know what I would do without microfiber cloths get them at costco they are wonderful.