Super Contributor

Looking for a small upright vacuum lightweight

I have tile flooring in some parts of my house. Looking for a lightweight machine for dog hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a small upright vacuum lightweight

Love Hoover Flair. Get the one with the power nozzle even if you aren't going to use it on carpet. It has the greatest suction. It is bagless. We have a pet and I love it for quick, light pickups. LM
Esteemed Contributor

I went through a number of dustbuster types on a stick (such as the recent TSV Electrolux) that only have a little "cup" container for dirt, and they all clogged up and broke eventually.

I got the more expensive Shark stick with the cyclone container and love it. Also can be used as a handheld for cars and baseboards. Worth the money. If I had a larger budget, the Dyson stick is great and my DD has that one.

Honored Contributor

We are SO impressed by our new Shark. We were kind of icked out when we found out how much yuck it got off our floors.
Trusted Contributor

I have to agree with Lilysmom. Hoover Flair with power nozzle. We have a dog and a cat. If I don't vacuum daily, I will notice little "dog/cat bunnies". The Hoover Flair picks up everything very well. Only thing is you have to clean the cup. I empty the cup after each time, and then I wash the cup and let it dry probably once a week.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Regular Contributor

I've heard from various people that clean my house that Shark vacuum from Walmart is super and it is also great on pet hair. It's the light weight one. Can't remember the name but gets great reviews and not costly.

Occasional Contributor

It may be bigger than you are looking for but I love my Shark Lift Away for picking up gobs of pet hair. Several family members have purchased it after our wonderful experiences.
Honored Contributor

V32511 Bought it but haven't used it yet.