Frequent Contributor

If you have an local store that sell appliances, I would go to them to see if they will match Lowes or Home Depot.   I bought my current stove from a local store.   The reason I did was that Lowes or Home Depot would not install a gas stove.   The local store had no issue installing.  I just needed to buy a new flex line.

Super Contributor

@quilter61Had no problem with Lowes installing my gas stove just a month ago...Everything went smoothly..and yes they want you to buy a new flex line..

Super Contributor

@haddon9  Might be a good idea. Mine was 18 yrs old and problems just come up all of a sudden...

Valued Contributor

I currently have gas but loved my induction cook top! 

Honored Contributor

@quilter61 wrote:

If you have an local store that sell appliances, I would go to them to see if they will match Lowes or Home Depot.   I bought my current stove from a local store.   The reason I did was that Lowes or Home Depot would not install a gas stove.   The local store had no issue installing.  I just needed to buy a new flex line.

Yes, i found that to be the case,they will not install, i would have to wait 7 more days to get it installed ,been calling around, so as much as i love cooking with gas, i think i will go electric.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest  I have a Bosch dual fuel stove.  I am in love with it.  It is 17 years old and going strong.  I will never go electric again.  LM

Honored Contributor

Going to lowes next week, want to see in person.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

I strongly suggest that you do not purchase a Frigidaire !  My goodness, I can not tell you how this range has aggravated me since day 1 !  Takes forever to heat up but  what bothers me the most about it is - once you cut the oven off, the blower stays on for - everrrr, humming constantly.  Takes at least 30 minutes for it to shut off unless I open the oven door for a few minutes...never again !..oh and I forgot - it starts ''humming'' when I first cut it on too !!