Valued Contributor

Looking for Hammered Glass Hurricane with metal tray

I was in Amish Country shopping on Saturday with a friend, and many of the gift shops have this type of hurricane. They usually show them with a Luminara candle. The prices are pretty steep for the size I would like to have- like around $100. I came home and searched online, but have not found anything in the size I want, for a good price. The size I have in mind would be around 16" tall and around 10"-11" across the top.  I have seen some that are even larger and wider than this. It's the kind of hurricane that has room at the bottom for seasonal decor, like starfish and shells, or holiday ornaments, etc. Hope everyone knows what I am describing, as I tried and tried to insert an image.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for Hammered Glass Hurricane with metal tray

I have quite a few of these hurricanes. I purchased some from QVC a few years ago and the newer ones I found at Pier 1. They have a variety of colors in the glass as well. Check on line because they have a ton of sales going on now. I love all of mine. Good Luck.

Trusted Contributor

Have found at Homegoods (Marshalls)Perhaps closer to the fall

Respected Contributor

I have seen them at Pier1 in the past and at Homegoods. 

Esteemed Contributor

Rosehill, I don't think any of these match exactly in size or shape to what you are wanting.  I saw them today at Pier1 and thought to take pics for you, just in case they appeal to you.  They all were nice looking and seemed well made.  The glass might be considered more rippled or wavy than hammered. 

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/IMG_3633_zps5vcw5gxy.jpg

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/UnderTheseTrees/IMG_3635%201_zpszke3noa1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hi Rosehill, I remember Home Reflections had a couple...one was 12" high (H198138) and a larger one...could have been 16"...can't find the item # for it though.

There are several at Amazon....one 15" tall...but the metal tray has a prong in the middle for regular candles...not for flameless ones...hth

Good luck in your search Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I will do a little more searching on the web when I have time. I would love to find one locally, so save on shipping. We have a Pier 1 & Marshalls nearby, which I will check. HomeGoods is 45 minutes away, but maybe I can call them and check periodically, to see if they have any. 

I would like to find a permanent home for a luminara candle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

rosehill, I forgot to mention that the cylindrical shaped hurricane at P1 was on clearance for $24.95, and the middle sized hurricane (shaped kinda like a churn- LOL) had a tag of $75.  It was a unique shape and substantial, but wow, that's steep.  I didn't bother to check for tags on the other two after seeing that.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

Check Kohls website, rosehill. I saw several and there's a good sale (coupons) going on right now for Kohls charge customers. Search "hurricane" and you will see them.