Esteemed Contributor

Look Who Loves Valerie's Door Decor

VPH Door Decor Addition.jpg

I went to switch my spring door decoration to a summer one, and surprise, surprise! This isn't a great pic, because I had to zoom my phone camera; but, if you look closely, you will see a very comfortable robin sitting on a nest. I guess my summer wreath will have to wait.

Honored Contributor

Re: Look Who Loves Valerie's Door Decor

I had a wren build a nest in my front door wreath a couple years ago.  All the opening and closing of the door didn't seem to bother her.  She'd fly off and come right back. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

That is so sweet!  

Trusted Contributor

I had a finch build a nest in one of Valerie's wreaths on my front door last year. I waited until the babies had left the nest to remove the nest. It was fun to watch them, but oh what a mess they made on my door!! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I put the adorable summer straw hat on my front door and discovered a fatal flaw in it... I can't see out my peephole.  I'm going to have to take it down because I've had a rash of kids selling stuff and I'd just as soon not answer the door. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It's Home ❤️ Home, for now🏡

Esteemed Contributor

@Lori KayeI hope the decoration will be usable after the robins are through with it. How did your wreath fare?

Honored Contributor

This happened to a wreath my late mom and I made when I lived in Texas. It was beautiful,  with silk bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush. I had it on the front door and a robin decided to move in. Then we had to make sure no one came to the front door and disturbed her! The babies were born and I worried about something coming to get them during the night, or that one would fall when she tried to teach it to fly. They all made it as far as we know, and mama bird left. Our door was a mess, and our wreath was ruined. We had to toss it. Smiley Sad

Now when spring comes and I see any sign of anyone moving in, I bring the wreath inside. We have birdhouses all around our house, and DH keeps our feathered friends well fed. I put a wreath on the side door of the house. They ignore that one. Go figure! 

Good luck with your birdie family! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I had the same thing happen to my front door. 

Trusted Contributor

@PA Mom-mom The wreath was ok but it had to be cleaned up from the droppings!