Honored Contributor

Re: Living Small- 56 Square Meters

That's about the size of a one-bedroom apartment.....    I've done that a couple of times.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I could.  600 sq. ft. is roomy for a Manhattan apartment.  I notice in Las Vegas the majority of houses for sale are 2000+ sq. ft or more.  IMO, people, especially those of a certain age,  are downsizing.

Esteemed Contributor

602 sq ft. I could do it if it was just me. However, married and have those fabulous grandsons who sleep over and AZ family who pops in for a week each year. And flight attendant daughter who pops in and has her downstairs apartment. But yes, I could easily do 602 sq ft if I'm surrounded by decor and furniture I enjoy.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just did a conversion .... 602 square feet.  That's just a bit smaller than my apartment.  

I moved from a four bedroom / 2 bath house into a one bedroom apartment.

Yes ... I did it!

Honored Contributor

No.  Our apartment is 1,000 sq. ft. (I don't do metric system) and we could use more room, but won't move.  As long as we are beachfront & my husband can go right outside to surf without having to drive anywhere, we aren't going anywhere until he gets too old & frail to surf, which is probably a long time down the road.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Yes ..two people at the most and that would have to be 2 that sleep together so the 1 bed is all the beds needed.

I would never climb a ladder up to a bedroom loft so this layout looks good to me.

Kids would be a No Way.

Honored Contributor

I could not handle that small.  I get claustrophobic.  It must be in New York.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've lived by myself in apartments about this size, so yes, I could do it. Something about having less to worry about and maintain is very appealing to me. I've been downsizing my stuff for a few years now, but I don't think DH could do it. He likes to hold on to stuff more than I do. 

Honored Contributor

No thanks!  No where to escape to to save your sanity!!!!!

Woman.jpg

Respected Contributor

I was born into a family of 8 kids that lived in 1250  sq ft.I  lived in 600 sq ft . apt myself for 19 years. I bought a 936 sq ft. home with a single car  garage ( wow luxury for me)  8 years ago.

I could live in that stylish abode shown.