Esteemed Contributor

Re: Living Small- 56 Square Meters

I could do it but would prefer a tad bit more space.  It's beautifully decorated, however.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Yes, I could do it.....But my biggest problem would be when our grandkids would want to come spend the night....But if you had a sofa that pulled out into a bed, that could work......I don't need a huge home to be happy, our home right now is only 1400 sq feet, but it feels much more spacious!

I think a lot of it is how the space is utilized and how much storage there is.........My girlfriend and her husband just downsized from a 2800 sq foot home to a 1250 sq ft apt. and they are having a very hard time adjusting!!!!! 

Super Contributor

I think it looks very nicely done.  I'm surprised they didn't utilize a murphy bed though.  It would be such a space saver.

When I was 18 I lived in a place much smaller than that, I think.  It was called an efficiency apartment...no bedroom really and just a nook for a kitchen.  As I recall though, I didn't spend a lot of time there!  I went out a lot!  Woman Tongue

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I have lived in efficiency/studio apartments several times in my life when we were traveling.  I could not do it with children but we did it. 

We arranged garment hangers like in deparment stores for my clothes (which when I was young was far too much for normal people, but I was young and I would go anywhere as long as I could take my clothes and husband).

Honored Contributor

I 'could' but I wouldn't want to.

Honored Contributor

If I had to live in such a small space I would adapt but in reality it is much too confining for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I 'could' but I wouldn't want to.

Exactly; there are certainly worse things in life than living in that tiny space, but it isn't something I would choose.