Respected Contributor

Re: Living Small- 56 Square Meters

I doubt it, but maybe if I was on my own and had plenty of places to go to amuse myself. In other words, I'd use it as a home base for eating and sleeping. If DH was still in the picture, no way!

Honored Contributor

Yes, and I have.

Honored Contributor

If I was by myself and didn't have to move this to get that and then put this back to be able to use that I could do it.

Respected Contributor

Only if this were my third property....

My Victorian home is 6000 plus--with dogs, cats, birds, books, antique furniture, plants and people, we love all the space.  In our basement we have bicycles, kayaks, and skis. My home is my castle.

I could never do an apartment full-time.

I am dreaming of a beach house or lake house second home for getaways after this pandemic experience....I need a house so I can bring the pets as well.

I would not mind a little pied-a-terre like this for a third home to use in a big city.

Ikea stages a lot of mini apartments like this in their stores, which are quite fun to look at!

Valued Contributor

Oh yes if it was just me and not my husband with me I would love it.

If I could be living in the one shown with that setup I would be ready in a heartbeat , think as you get older you look for life to become easier.

Heard  about a development of new 900 square ft. homes being build and all 200 were contracted in a short time,so that is telling you something.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just moved to a 600 sq ft apartment and love it.  Our house was about 2600 sq ft and I got rid of 90% of what was in it.  It was freeing.  I love having everything on one level and easily accessible.  I have a washer and dryer in the kitchen which is nice.  The closets are well organized and hold a lot.  The windows are large and bright.  I actually find it roomy. 

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

I doubt it. 

I will say the space is clean but a tad too modern style for me.  Also, the colors would need to change & I really dislike the shelving unit.  I like the living room the best.  It's city living & probably expensive.  Probably many people can't afford a larger space in some of the cities.   

thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

yes, i could do it.   i do like the layout of that apartment a lot.  not so much on the furnishings, but yay on the layout.  i am currently living in 950 sq ft, so it wouldn't bee that big of a change... but i would PREFER a few more square feet rather than a few less.  

Honored Contributor

Very attractive...a perfect second home!

I live alone and down sized last year to 2400+ sq ft.  I also have a garage and full basement.  I like my space. 

Honored Contributor

As @Kachina624 said, its much bigger than those tiny houses and is equivalent to a small efficiency apartment ...A friend's daughter that just graduated from college and has gotten her first job lives in that much space....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”