Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room with a Coastal Flavor...

@sceniccoast wrote:

@stevieb 

Really lovely!  I don't even mind the drapes since I like the pattern so much.  But, that round ball of texture is for what?? Just to take up space?  I'd try to find another place for it or pass it along to someone.  I like all the furnishings & hope they have a nice outdoors scene to gaze at thru the gorgeous windows.  The blinds & drapes are a perfect balance there.

I give it a 100 score.  Overall, it's so bright & cheery. 

Great job @stevieb.

@sceniccoast  Good that you enjoyed this one, though I have to admit, as you probably know, this is not among my favorite looks, not being a big fan of blue or of 'coastal. I will say, I like the sofa and coffee table and sort of like the chairs. I dislike the rug, floor lamp, window treatment, pillows, art and that pouf, which is intended to be a sort of ottoman, by the way. I also would not have chosen such a bright white paint color. Still, as you note, it is a cheerful room and that's always a good thing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

The view, I like.  

Esteemed Contributor

I mostly like the room, but I would have to change the "artwork" and the pouf.  I do like that it's bright and airy.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Super Contributor

I LOVE the coastal, beachy vibe!   Agree that it's too much white, tho.   Maybe the trim could be a different color, or a wainscoting of some kind that introduces more color to break up all that white.  

Respected Contributor

I love the look. I just believe, though, that it would take quite an effort to keep it bright and clean.