Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room with a Coastal Flavor...

[ Edited ]

I was hoping to like this room from the title, but unfortunately, there's not much that appeals to me. 

There's too much white. The shape of the chair and sofa are ok, but I don't like the metal stud pieces on them. Not loving the drapes, coffee table, or ottoman. I'd prefer one large piece of art over the sofa. 

I love the windows, floor, and shades. 

Trusted Contributor

Love this room. I want that coffee table.

Honored Contributor

I would like it a lot more if the drapes and short rods were removed and the art changed.
Respected Contributor

I like it, but art work is not to my liking. Too mis matched and looks like they were garnered from a magazine.

Esteemed Contributor

So pretty! 

Honored Contributor

I really like it. Nice, and bright and airy and I love those little poufs!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

love everything about that room except for the shades.....would do different window coverings......and isnt that short curtain/curtain rod a little strange?

@sunshine45  I really dislike 'accent' curtains'. There's probably another one on the other side of the large window holding just enough fabric to partially cover a similar small window, like the one pictured.  Mostly though, this is just to create a look. This sort of window treatment is not uncommon, but it's mostly done purely for effect rather than for any actual purpose.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's very pretty but though I like white, it's a little too.

I've considered novelty drape treatments with the patio doors in the house.  The way the doors open it's a tad difficult to go with a conventional style, and there's really no reason to cover the whole thing.

Though with low-e glass there seems to be a bit more privacy at night, or at least the illusion of such.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

Really lovely!  I don't even mind the drapes since I like the pattern so much.  But, that round ball of texture is for what?? Just to take up space?  I'd try to find another place for it or pass it along to someone.  I like all the furnishings & hope they have a nice outdoors scene to gaze at thru the gorgeous windows.  The blinds & drapes are a perfect balance there.

I give it a 100 score.  Overall, it's so bright & cheery. 

Great job @stevieb.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

It's very pretty but though I like white, it's a little too.

I've considered novelty drape treatments with the patio doors in the house.  The way the doors open it's a tad difficult to go with a conventional style, and there's really no reason to cover the whole thing.

Though with low-e glass there seems to be a bit more privacy at night, or at least the illusion of such.

@Sweetbay magnolia  Patio doors can be hard. I recall once I used only a simple valence at the top and Roman shades on each side of the door. This was an atrium type door so it was easy to hang the shades at the top of each side of the door. For a sliding door, I've used a valence with bamboo shades hung from the wall above the silder. Most of the time with sliders I do just use a simple curtain or drapery, sometimes a bit wider than the door, so as not to block the entrance and sometimes that opens to only the side away from the entrance.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...