Frequent Contributor

Living Room/Dining Room - DONE

My husband and I moved into our home over 2 years ago.  It's taken time to get the house updated and furnished but I think were finally close to being done.  The last thing we need for the living and dininig rooms were area rugs.  My question, we went with two different area rugs for these room (which are side by side) Living Room #1.jpgDINING ROOM.jpgbut now I'm wondering if the rugs should have matched.  I've attached pictures.  What do you think?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Living Room/Dining Room - DONE

@Spinach30

thanks for sharing your beautiful home!

Personally, I would keep the different rugs as they are 2 separate rooms.  

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!  No, wouldn't like matchy-matchy.  This separates the "rooms" yet blends into one as it.  Perfect in my book!

Honored Contributor

Your home is beautiful.  I would not want matching rugs.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Spinach30You are right the rooms are DONE!  And done beautiifully.  There's no question in my mind about the rugs.  I'd want them to be different but with co-ordination and you certainly achieved that.  Live in and enjoy that wonderful space.

Frequent Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@Spinach30You are right the rooms are DONE!  And done beautiifully.  There's no question in my mind about the rugs.  I'd want them to be different but with co-ordination and you certainly achieved that.  Live in and enjoy that wonderful space.

Thank you, I appreciate your input!

Respected Contributor

@Spinach30  Congratulations on a job so well done.  You have good taste.  I especially appreciate that you know when to stop, which seems to be a rare skill these days.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

The rooms are beautiful and the rugs look fine.

Honored Contributor

I love it!  And it looks like you may be able to switch the rugs if you want.  The dining area rug looks like it would coordinate with your living area chairs nicely.  And vice versa.

Respected Contributor

It looks lovely!! Well done and the rugs are perfect for each area. You want the rooms designated as separate areas and this was the perfect way to do that!