Respected Contributor

Re: Little Vintage Red Truck for Fall

This little truck sold out on the morning show. I knew I picked a winner. I loved all the ways Valerie showed it decorated for the holidays. I am so excited to decorate mine for Halloween and Christmas!

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

This little truck sold out on the morning show. I knew I picked a winner. I loved all the ways Valerie showed it decorated for the holidays. I am so excited to decorate mine for Halloween and Christmas!

@Regal Bee, I see it is still on WL, glad I ordered before it did!  Thanks for your beautiful pic validating I did the right thing for me!  

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for sharing your picture Regal Bee. The fall leaves added in takes the

decoration up a notch.  I'll have to remember this when I decorate

mine.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee

I saw this at Pier1, if you want to add to your collection.

DESCRIPTION

Looking like it’s straight from the nearest pumpkin patch, our truck cookie jar has room for even more precious cargo—tasty cookies. Crafted of glazed earthenware, it will add nostalgic charm to your kitchen.
  • Multicolor
  • Lid: 6.50"W x 5.50"D x 3"H
  • Base: 12"W x 6.25"D x 4.50"H
  • Earthenware
  • Hand-wash only
  • Not microwave-safe
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who just can't wait for the waitlist order to be fulfilled...

I just put my hands on a very similar red, metal truck at Hobby Lobby (probably not as well made as Valerie's).  It was on sale for half off of $29.99.

They also had a blue truck & a green one--all at half price.

You might want to look on their website to see what they look like.

~Quack

Honored Contributor

@Quackeroo wrote:

I just put my hands on a very similar red, metal truck at Hobby Lobby (probably not as well made as Valerie's).  It was on sale for half off of $29.99.

~Quack

Man I knew I should have waited. I like the one at Hobby Lobby much better. 

The size according to the description seems smaller, but that would be better for me anyway. 

I wonder if our store has them? I know I'm checking that out tomorrow! Thanks @Quackeroo  for the heads up.

I ordered and cancelled the VPH truck like four times. It was all about the price. I thought it was way too expensive, and really I was looking for a smaller one anyway. 

I'll be checking out the Hobby Lobby one, and possibly sending the VPH one back. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Quackeroo wrote:

~Quack

Man I knew I should have waited. I like the one at Hobby Lobby much better. 

The size according to the description seems smaller, but that would be better for me anyway. 

I wonder if our store has them? I know I'm checking that out tomorrow! Thanks @Quackeroo  for the heads up.

I ordered and cancelled the VPH truck like four times. It was all about the price. I thought it was way too expensive, and really I was looking for a smaller one anyway. 

I'll be checking out the Hobby Lobby one, and possibly sending the VPH one back. 

@Mominohio - I looked at this truck last weekend.  It is much smaller, 12" long or so.  I didn't like the style as much as Valerie's, but the price is sure better.  Valerie's is heavier and well made, and from what I've seen in similar items on other sites, not badly priced.  It all depends on where you want to use it.  I will only use mine for the fall/Christmas season. 

Trusted Contributor

FYI, if anyone is interested in the Hobby Lobby red truck,

you can get it for $15.00 on line.  Have to add in shipping,

but still cheaper than buying in store.

I like mine.  I knew it would be smaller than Valeries, but I'm

happy with it.

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva

@yellowrose

@Quackeroo

@Regal Bee

@lolakimono

I bought the Hobby Lobby red truck today. I will take some pictures later and post with both of them so people can see the differences.

My first thought is I like the Hobby Lobby one better, based on more intricate detail and smaller size. The VPH one is huge, which is great if you have the room to display it. So not sure what I'm going to do about which to keep, but will post some pics to share later today.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@DecorDiva

@yellowrose

@Quackeroo

@Regal Bee

@lolakimono

I bought the Hobby Lobby red truck today. I will take some pictures later and post with both of them so people can see the differences.

My first thought is I like the Hobby Lobby one better, based on more intricate detail and smaller size. The VPH one is huge, which is great if you have the room to display it. So not sure what I'm going to do about which to keep, but will post some pics to share later today.

looking forward to seeing the comparison.  Remember the picture I posted of the red truck fall pillow from Michael's?  I bought it today and plan to use it in a vignette with the truck.  It was one of those "too cute" items.