Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Little Helpers in the Kitchen

What do you think of the add on to the island for the little helpers who like to be in the kitchen?

Honored Contributor

Re: Little Helpers in the Kitchen

@lolakimono -

Love this too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@lolakimono   That is such a charming idea.  Love it and just the right number of chairs, since I now have four grandchildren--3 boys and the last is a little girl, almost 6 months.

That appears to be a wonderful kitchen in which to work.  Love it.

Always enjoy the pictures you post.

aroc3435

Honored Contributor

It's adorable and it looks like you can just move it if you need more space. Much nice than a card table set off in the corner. 

I've used a little child size picnic table before in the kitchen 

Trusted Contributor

When DD was little, we purchased a "craft" table for her that we put in the breakfast nook.  It was the best thing we ever bought for her.  She loved to sit at that table of hers and color all the time.  I didn't worry about her coloring outside the book on to my good table and the pressure was off her to be meticulous.  Hard to do when you are three.

Big thumbs up for this set up..

Esteemed Contributor

It's a cute idea but I wouldn't have that in my kitchen.

Maybe on Thanksgiving!  LOL

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of sitting at the kiddie table when I was young because there was no room at the big table when we had large family gatherings. 

I think this is an ok idea, but I really dislike the looks of it. I think I could find something that would serve the purpose, but look a lot nicer & be more complimentary to the existing kitchen. 

Esteemed Contributor

We're back to having a toddler in the house a lot -- great way to stay in the same room without climbing on bar chairs.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Very good idea and one that I have used.  Our "kitchen table" was the kid's table.  (Having primitive antiques, not formal, we always ate in the dinning room.  I hate eating looking at a kitchen.). The boys had breakfast there, lunch on the weekends, and did homework there.  I also did crafts there.

Now, it holds all of my holiday baked goodies.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Adorbs. Keep them close. Even if they're not helping in the kitchen, they're always learning.