Trusted Contributor

Re: ** Lisa's Closet Goes Boom Boom **

Are we sure that isn't Morticia Addams closet? She wasn't kidding when she said all of her clothes are black.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor

I had one of my clothes racks collapse at night too. Scared me, but I didn't find it until I tried to go into my walkin. The door was blocked. My walkin is a converted small bedroom. 100+ year old house and no closet space.
Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Jova said:

Does everyone think this is really her closet?

I am a bit skeptical myself.....

Yes, I think it is her closet. Full of a lot of black items, which she wore a lot.

Trusted Contributor

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that's not all of her closet...or closets.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes, that has happened to me...twice, in two different closets. Ugh!!! Not fun!

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

BOOM BOOM in our house used to mean doing a poo poo.

Honored Contributor

I think its a small portion of her closet. The woman has a lot of outfits. I wonder how much of that designer stuff, like those beautiful gowns, she got to keep?

Honored Contributor

I think its a small portion of her closet. The woman has a lot of outfits. I wonder how much of that designer stuff, like those beautiful gowns, she got to keep?

Trusted Contributor

That is a closet. She is a single person living in a 5 (just a guess) bedroom/closet house.
Frequent Contributor

After reading all the comments - I wanted to suggest a cheap fix. You can search for this on the internet. Just copy/paste this into your internet browser bar
Truck Bed Stabilizer Bar

I bought one a few years ago, wanting to give more support to the pole that holds my clothes in my master closet. This bar is strong - and has rubber-like grip pads on each end of the pole. Mine (because it is older) can be twisted in the center to make it shorter or taller. I place this between the floor and my pole - to add support. It works great. It is thin and doesn't interfere with space on the pole. Because it was meant to prevent shifts in what you are carrying in the bed of a pickup truck - it is strong. You might even find these are a local auto parts store - or local box store. I find them on the internet, and even in EBay.

The ones today, look like they have a clamp that releases and locks into place, to allow adjustment to the length? I think for $20 or so - this would fix a lot of closet problems.

Just an idea!!

Respected Contributor

On 2/1/2015 Preds said:

Mine did that, too! DH had to reinforce it. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Ditto. And my husband was not too pleased with me and all my clothes.