Respected Contributor

Lily of The Valley on the Hill

[ Edited ]

@SportyShorty07 @PamfromCTIMG_2109.JPGIMG_2120.JPGIMG_2108.JPGIMG_2115.JPGIMG_2114.JPGIMG_2113.JPG

Here are the Lily of The Valley that grow on our hill near my neighbors house. This is in front of my porch, which faces the top of the hill.

Originally, they just grew under the tall pine trees on one side of the hill. Over the years, they spread and now grow on both sides of the hill.

The first two pictures are one side of the hill and the last three pictures, show the other side of the hill, going down towards our front lawn.

When we are on the porch, the fragrance just fills the air. I cut about 20 stems and put them in a little cobalt blue vase and that aroma fills the room.

Valued Contributor

Re: Lily of The Valley on the Hill

Oh my very, very favorite! Thanks for posting and letting me imagine the beautiful fragrance in the air. Ahhh Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh, fabulous, @Enufstuff !   All of us lily of the valley fans are in heaven, with that beautiful sight, and the heady fragrance we can so well imagine from all those delicate, bell-like blooms.

Thanks for going to a lot of trouble, getting different shots, etc., to show us this bounty!

Honored Contributor

How nice! Love the large trees too.

Respected Contributor

Oh, you are VERY blessed to be able to experience Lily of the Valley fragrance.  It's my favorite!  💖

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@spent2much   We are very blessed with these delicate little bells, that come up every year. They have just taken over most of our hill during the past 46 years.

I have lived in this house since 1978 and so many of our beautiful perennials have been here since then.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love lily of the valleys!   

I wish I could grow them but I'm too far south and not cold enough in winter for them. 

The only plants that come close to them (in fragrance) are hyacinth and tuberose, but I love those little bells.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Enufstuff  Ooh thank you so much for sharing such beautiful Lily of the valley flowers that grow on your property! I've never heard of or seen this type of flower before and I love the lush green leaves and the bell shaped flowers witht he upturned petals- so pretty! I bet that they smell very sweet and green.  You took such nice photos and I love the viewpoints from uphill and downhill and the tall trees. Really great! Smiley Very HappyHeart  I bet your bouquet of Lily of the Valley in your blue vase looks very charming on your table. 

Honored Contributor

Love Lily of the Valley!

Free PNG HD Smiley Face Thumbs Up - PlusPNG | Free emoji ...

Esteemed Contributor

@Enufstuff, Just simply gorgeous!  Thank you for sharing!  We had a couple plants years ago, but I think they just died out.

But that fragrance!  I think that is what heaven will smell like, if I can ever get there.  Can you recommend a lily fragrance that I can buy, not too strong, not too expensive?  I bought a lilac cologne a few years ago, and it was so very strong I ended up throwing away.  The only thing I ever purchased from Vermont Country Store I did not like.