Regular Contributor

Liking my Joy air purifier so far! Anyone else?

Anyone else order the recent Today's Special from Joy Mangano on the other channel? I'm surprised at how much I like it so far! I bought it because I'd been wanting another air purifier anyway and I figured, hey, it's pretty cheap and comes in a cute color, might as well try. But I didn't have very high expectations, based on a lot of negative reviews for her last air purifier.

Of course, to be fair, I have no way of truly knowing whether it (or any other air purifier, for that matter) is truly CLEANING the air, but it's small, fairly quiet and emits a pleasant, laundry detergent-esque smell that overpower my cat box, and that in itself is worth it, for me!

Valued Contributor

Re: Liking my Joy air purifier so far! Anyone else?

I purchased one hesitantly but I do like it and probably will get another one day. I am trying to sell my house and put it in my basement area and what a fresh difference. I am not a fan of basements and mine is a finished one. I think it does clean the air and the discs are very fresh and neutral. I had someone comment that my light bulbs were bright so absolutely no scents. 

Respected Contributor

I bought one last year. It worked for awhile, then stopped. I got rid of it and bought a true HEPA filter air purifier that works very well. Yes, they cost more, but you get what you pay for IMO.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

I never saw this one before and I didn't realize it was a re-run! I think it is more of an air freshner than purifier. I have an oreck it's big and does a great job however it is noisy.

the filters are washable and that's cost effective for sure.

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I wish there was an easy way to truly tell whether the air is being purified significantly (then again, I think I might be afraid to find out what's really in my air...). But I have a big, heavy-duty purifier too, so even if it only serves as a litterbox-minimizer, I'm pleased.

Honored Contributor

I would hope she improved it over last year's model.  I fell for this last year and sent it back.  The reviews were overwhelmingly horrible on it.  Well under 2 stars.  They ended up on clearance for next to nothing and I thought they would be gone.

I ran mine in my bedroom for 30 days and it did nothing.  It was loud, it didn't release any kind of scent at all and it did nothing to purify anything.  I removed the filter right before my 30 day return period was up and there wasn't a speck of anything on that filter.  I have a dog so I know there shouls have been something.  It was a piece of plastic that looked like it should have been about 20 bucks. 

As I read the reviews, most people had the same issue.  It emitted no smell, the filter was super clean still have weeks of running, it was noisy and many reported it quit working after a short amount of time.

That fiasco totally did me in for anymore Joy products.  I was shocked when I saw them offering this again but I'm sure like most of her things, it's new and improved.