Honored Contributor

kitchen ideas

Honored Contributor

It looks okay, but I wouldn't want go cook i it.  The sink and range are too far apart and the refrigerator is missing in action.  The seating areas seems to me all over the place too

it's not practical for a cook like me.

Respected Contributor

I love it! Sink isn't that far from the stove 🤷🏻‍♀️, IMO. My sink is across from my stove, but it's only 5 feet.

Esteemed Contributor

I love it! I think it's perfect. I might want to change the floor. I'm on the fence about it. I love my wood floors. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant I'd have to change the color of the light fixtures to white and the backsplash is waaay too dark for me .

Honored Contributor

I always like windows near the sink so I can look out at something.

Ironic, since the window near my sink doesn't provide much of a view...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I really like it. The only thing I'd do is switch out the color of the light fixtures.

Trusted Contributor

I do like it, with two exceptions.  First, I would change the flooring.  It's just too busy for my taste.  No idea what I would use otherwise though. 

Second, the blue pendant lights are a beautiful color, but I wonder if they would provide enough light.  The middle pendant is oddly placed as it seems to be just over the floor.  Maybe it would better to have two pendants directly over the island for task lighting.  There is no other lighting that I can see, not even over the kitchen sink so I wonder how it would be working in that kitchen at night.

Otherwise, I think this kitchen is nicely appointed!

Honored Contributor

I love it...the floor and pendants are 2 things that I am afraid I would get tired of quickly.

I would choose wood flooring and different pendants.

Trusted Contributor

Changes I would make:

1.  White quartz countertops

2.  Wood floor

3.  White backsplash

4.  Sage green lower cabinets and island, cream upper cabinets

5.  Better lighting fixtures