Respected Contributor

Lights Added to Prelighted Trees?

Gals, if I buy a prelighted Christmas tree can I add additional strings of lights? I really appreciate your help with this question because I want to make this change and order things ahead for this year. Thank you.

Contributor

Re: Lights Added to Prelighted Trees?

Hi! I have always had a prelit white light tree and then I add stands of coloring twinkling lights. I do use a power surge protector to plug all lights into it. We have done this for about 6 years now. We like that some stay lit and then some are blinking. Enjoy your holiday!!

Super Contributor

I bought the BL flocked white tree with clear lights and this year I will add strands of color to it. I don't see why you couldn't.

Respected Contributor

Thanks guys, I plan to buy a green with white lights tree and add the individual colors I want. Just wanted to check. It will be our FIRST artificial tree and I want to buy it fast while my husband is still OK with that. It has taken him 45 years to come around to the artificial tree idea.

Valued Contributor

I bought a pre-lit tree from QVC several years ago with all white/clear lights. After a couple of years I started to miss the colored lights so hubby added a few strands of colored lights to it. It is the perfect balance of white and colored lights and looks beautiful.