Honored Contributor

Re: Let's talk the color of floor coverings.

I have this same issue with the matching.  As I've mentioned, we are redoing some things.  My biggest problem was what to do about kitchen flooring.  I knew I didn't want ceramic tile but I see so many wood or laminate kitchen floors I hate because the floor either exactly matches the cabinets and it's too much or it's just a slight shade off and clashes.

For me, I wanted flooring that was far enough off that you could tell we weren't trying to match our cabinets but close enough that it needed to coordinate and not clash. 

We have decided to extend the same kitchen flooring into our living room and entry way so that will all match and eventually we will get new carpeting in our family room. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Let's talk the color of floor coverings.

@onlyshopsonline wrote:

Here's my 2 cents, lol.  I don't like wood flooring to match furniture or kitchen cabinets.  I think they should compliment each other, but not match.   It becomes overwhelming.  I like the contrast.

I think the best thing for you to do is to get samples of different shades and try them out in your home.

Absolutely to this.  And don't just pick up those stupid little samples they give for free.  We bought boxes of various flooring and laid it out so we had an idea of what it would look like.