Honored Contributor

Re: Let's Talk About Symmetry

I think no it looks like partial symmetry but who would want any of that anyway?🧐

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@jubilant no way!

Ha!  You and my DH must have been talking.  He just walked by the computer, saw this, and asked me if it was an advertisement for a garage sale!

@jubilant -

Haha! Your husband described it perfectly!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@tobes wrote:

@jubilant no way!

Ha!  You and my DH must have been talking.  He just walked by the computer, saw this, and asked me if it was an advertisement for a garage sale!

@jubilant -

Haha! Your husband described it perfectly!

@on the bay   To make it even more funny, he just asked me a few minutes ago....."Well, what did the girls think of that room"?  I told him,

"Most of them agree with you" to which he retorted..... "Good, that's the only time a woman has agreed with me!!

Honored Contributor

It definitely looks symmetrical, but I don't like most of the furnishings. The sofa & end table are ok, but I'd rather have something else. The flowers are pretty. 

I have 2 examples of symmetry in my home. Both are pairs of artwork that are the same size with the same frames, and go together as a set. I have a pair of prints in my dining room, one on each side of the China cabinet. My guest room has matching artwork on the wall with one piece on each side of the window. 

Honored Contributor

@jubilant -

That's so cute-the whole thing and that you share the opinions and that he is interested and asks what do your girls think. I love it💞

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon ,

I agree with you...the east west picture and mirror display is just too much.

The mirror alone would look much better.

That being said...I don't like anything in this room and I like brick walls.

Even the flowers are not appealing to me in this room.

Esteemed Contributor

The lamps, end table and arrangements on the "coffee" tables are out of sync.  Pillows clash too.

I do have sympathy for whoever is forced to hang those two pictures 😢

Respected Contributor

Removing the entire wall would help.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The brick wall is too severe for the couch, even the flowers clash in that setting.

How did you get stuck with the Aunt Irene/Uncle Frank portraits?

The reflection in the mirror is very interesting!

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

I think they did a good job making their point.  Not sure what it is, but I don't care for it.