Honored Contributor

Less Color In French Country Room

French Country Living Room with Round marble side table via @decoratinglife.ca    

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Less Color In French Country Room

This is a beautiful room.  Very feminine, in my opinion.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Chesterfield sofa, which is actually more of a British design, the two French inspired armchairs and a few other elements, but otherwise, I don't care for the overall flavor of this room. This space reads like a room that has been not particularly well staged. With or without color, it's bland.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I would get rid of the rug. Just allowing that wood floor to shine would add contrast to this neutral palette. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love this room.........that ceiling!  Only thing I would do is add some color, like maybe the rug or the side chairs or the curtains.......not all of them.  Don't care for the mirror on the mantle or the tree.

Respected Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

Love this room.........that ceiling!  Only thing I would do is add some color, like maybe the rug or the side chairs or the curtains.......not all of them.  Don't care for the mirror on the mantle or the tree.

I think this rug in her French Country room with more color would be beautiful in this room.

French Country Living Room Decor Ideas with Cream Walls and Patterned Curtains via @provencepoiriers

Honored Contributor

@jubilant Bland and boring

Honored Contributor

I love this room ..it is so pretty. Realistically it would have to be the room that we did not sit in . Little messy hands wouldn't work on this white furniture.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally blah and not at all appealing.  Good example of a place where a mirror should not be used.  All it reflects is something on the ceiling (a fan?).  A mirror, if used, should reflect something pretty and appealing like a nice view.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The bones of this room are beautiful but I'd have to totally make over everything else for it to work for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown