Contributor

Less Childish Figurines…please

[ Edited ]

Whatever happened to quality decorative items?  The majority of the items dominating the choices here are cartoon-themed. There is one new sea coral roc  in blue and ivory, amid an over abundance of the theme park stuff. es

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Less Childish Figurines…please

Not sure which items you are referring to but I have noticed this with Valarie's Easter items this spring.  Some very childish decor for sure.   I guess it's okay if you have young ones around but it would not work for me at all.   Disappointing.

Contributor

Yes I totally agree with you about Valerie's stuff too.  I was trying to avoid specific brand names to avoid being proofed.  Specifically, I was referring to Enesco and Jim Shore. What I would like to see is a return to quality ceramic and porcelain....much larger statement pieces vs dime store bric-a-brac. But it will never happen, so I'm back to catalog shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

I think some of Valerie's past decor was more upscale and less child-like. This is especially true for her Christmas and Easter decor. 

Esteemed Contributor

Agree......VP's.presentations almost silly over a detail like a bunny tail....and temptations lives in a world of imaginary characters.

Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness, my thoughts exactly!!!

I wish they would offer more adult, elegant and timeless items.

I know some people enjoy the wimsical/cartoonish look but they need to have more options for us too!

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz
Honored Contributor

I totally agree, I am not really interested in 'cute'..I want grown up looking decor items.

Honored Contributor

I see what you're all saying. I'm not that much a fan of little "gingerbread-style" decorations either. I never was. It might be because the one time I tried to make a gingerbread house it didn't turn out well. I tend to go with a more traditional style, like my mom did. 

But I do like Valerie's mini angels. I have fall, holiday, and I'm waiting for the new spring one to come. I put them around the house in different places. 

I have friends who decorate seasonally and like the cute decorations. They always look great too, with little bunnies and chicks around in different places.

I'm glad Valerie and other vendors offer many choices, from whimsical to more formal!    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I so agree.  I've pretty much given up on Valerie Parr Hill.  Years past I purchased some lovely things, but that was a long time ago.  I have zero interest in cutesy or fairyland decor for my home.  Others do, and that's fine.  I just shop elsewhere.  

The only Temp-tations I ever consider is the woodland option, but it sells out so quickly.  Tara loves so many themed cartoony designs & mixed colors. 

Honored Contributor

@SugarGlider @Caaareful Shopper @beach-mom @Mom2Dogs @GingerHead @fthunt @Effie54 

@LindaSal 

I think I flagged everyone.

There are many rabbits on ebay.  This resin one $8.99.

Resin  Bunny Rabbit Figurine Antique Style Home Decor Statue Sculpture Pink Ears - Picture 1 of 6