Honored Contributor

Here's another color.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor
I also buy only white sheets. I prefer percale in the summer. I think I have bought some percale at Target. Usually lower thread count makes them more crisp. I made an exception when I re did my bedroom and splurged on a set of Peacock Alley sheets in a sea glass blue....almost look white...they are so soft my husband takes them off the bed, washes them himself, and puts them back on again. He just waves them away if I get out the percale ones now. He’s been spoiled now....
Honored Contributor

I always buy my bedding & towels at Target, I'm never disappointed & they have great sales.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Nonametoday    Actually, I just liked the color and was contemplaing on whether to purchases and I did not.  Yes, the first expensive brand was much nicer but this is a good wanna be especially when you are on a budget.

I get budget minded but you get what you pay for.

Several years ago there was a suggestion for a sateen sheet set at WM for just under $50. I bought the set for the guest bedroom and ONE washing, the sateen washed right out. The set looked ready for Goodwill and went to Goodwill. Perfect waste of $50.

MIC of course.

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022 ...the linens you order from Amazon - do they wrinkle?  I have Target sheets, and I like them but the hems always fold under, drives me nuts!

Honored Contributor

I would much rather the duvet be a pattern and not a solid color.  I can just see this getting stained with coffee (yes, I drink coffee in bed), dog prints and kid's dirty hands.  No dogs or kids, but my bedroom is not a sanctuary.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Leave it to Target

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy   I have purchased a higher sheet set and one that was budget minded and they both washed beautifully.  That is my personal experience.  I guess it just depends which budget sheet set "Brand" you choose.  Why did you not return the sheet set?

To go off the subject, I have purchased an expensive pair of pants but wore it with less expensive top but the whole outfit looked expensive.  I did this a lot in my younger years when I was single.  When I got married I was able to purchase the top and bottom expensive but I usually purchased on sale.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@depglass   I understand what you mean.  I own a Matlese (sp?) in an ivory color where there is a pattern in the same color (floral) as the duvet color.  It never looks wrinkled.  I purchased at Pottery Barn several years ago on sale.  Best purchase I ever made in a duvet.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs  Yes they do wrinkle if I leave them in the dryer too long or don't fold them right away.  I think this is a problem with all cotton percale but percale poly/cotton blend doesn't get as wrinkled.... but also isn't as cool and crisp IMO.  I dry them hot, then fold them immediately, smoothing them down as I do, or else I put them straight from the dryer onto my bed 

im not not that picky but if I leave them in the dryer overnight I dry them again with a wet towel to steam the wrinkles out.  I can't be bothered to iron them, so I suppose I'm willing to sacrifice the wrinkles for a crisp, cool sheet Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs and I should have added that yes the hems fold down on the Amazon ones too.  I always buy white because I can bleach them (and I tend to wash pillow cases and the sheets more often than a duvet, so colors end up fading at different shades...)

ive wanted an ironing board like this because it would be nice to press just the pillow cases and hems of the top sheet at least, (and icassioanlly press the duvet) but I never get around to it, and I don't know that I have room (or time) for something like this... 

btw, the Amazon percale I've purchased are Pinzon (Amazon's brand) and Peru Pima.  I do NOT recommend Splendid brand (I purchased splendid percale sheets from Costco and they were so sheer I could see through them.., I like them to be thick and almost rough when new.  They soften over time but never become "mushy" or floppy like sateen and non-percale.  You can tell I'm a bit obsessed with my percale sheets, but I worked for years on the road and found that i don't sleep as well in anything other than crisp, cool, high quality cotton percale.  

i also purchased a 20 pack of commercial 100% cotton percale pillowcases for $100 which was a bargain since I change my pillowcases every couple of days.  They brand is American Pillowcase and they are called T220 cotton percale wholesale bulk pillowcases (amazon).  I recommend them as they start off a bit rough but wash and bleach up nicely Smiley Happy 

the .58149636-532B-46F3-A2BB-5605817CD0B8.jpeg