Honored Contributor

Re: Large Scale Art Behind a Headboard

The art looks oriental to me, and the border is ornate. IMO the bed doesn't really go with it. I think a simple wood bed would look better. Or keep the bed, and put a smaller print over it - maybe a European street scene? 

We actually have a large Japanese gold leaf screen with cherry blossoms above our headboard. Our bed is dark cherry. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Is this a storage room?

Honored Contributor

I don't sleep near, or under, anything that can fall on me.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I would have much rather they used a larger headboard than the large piece of art work.

Honored Contributor

The size of the art behind the bed is ok with me but the Asian theme is what doesn't go with the rest of the room at all. 

Honored Contributor

It doesn't bother me too much but the rug has to go, and I don't like the ceiling fan either. I would love to see the picture straight on, because it kind of looks like the picture isn't centered, but maybe that is because I am looking at it on an angle.... 

Esteemed Contributor

It appears to be oversized for the size of the room.  I don't care for the art piece anyway.....too dark and heavy.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I have large scale art over our bed and I love it. It's the only thing on any of the walls. 

Honored Contributor

Depending on what it is, I don't mind large art behind the bed... In this instance, an otherwise pretty room, but I don't like what I can see of the folding screen and I don't like the photograph...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is something about this room that makes the picture behind the bed work.  I was looking at the other art and bedspread, etc. and it all works.  Art does not necessarily have to blend with the rest of the room but rather fit in.  I personally love a lot of black & white prints and photography and I have have pieces with color.

kindness is strength