Respected Contributor

The victorian is fabulous!

Honored Contributor

I like a porch large or small ..it's nice to have a roof and landing at the entrance to a house. It gets you out of the rain and snow, is attractive, gives you a place to land and put down packages and groceries ..I like a porch with a roof.

Respected Contributor

Re: Large Front Porches

[ Edited ]

I love house #2.  It is my dream kind of home.  I love large, victorian homes with wrap around porches.  But I only want one that has been updated already with new wiring, plumbing, kitchen and baths and of course that would put it out of my price range.  DH always said he did not want to work all day and come home and work again all night remodeling an upkeeping and older home.  The house pictured needs better landscaping tho - trees and flowers.

So I do have a large front porch, but it is on a home we had built in the 90's. Funny thing is - I have allergies and rarely get to sit outside on the porch, but I sure do like to decorate it and look at it.

Esteemed Contributor

Love them!

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the second house!  Beautiful!

We have a small front porch.  It's be enough for a pair of Adirondack chairs and a small table with a potted plant on either side of the front door.

Honored Contributor

I've always loved the romance of porches.  When I built this house, I designed a wrap around porch.

Love this! (I just don't like the room with the dormer on the inside because of the loss of space.

I always think these porches are perfect for homemade ice cream!

Wrap Around Porch House Plans, Floor Plans & Designs - Houseplans.com

Honored Contributor

Front and back porches are nice. I like covered ones so any decorations are protected from the elements.

Respected Contributor

I love house #2.  The front porch with some rockers, sun patients and or ferns with ice tea would be good times!

Esteemed Contributor

I love porches too but unfortunately I've never lived in a house with an expansive front lawn that would make a front porch usuable.   The homes posted are beautiful

Esteemed Contributor

I have lusted for one with a deep, deep roof and two side walls (from the house).  Rain proof.  All I have is a weenie one.