Valued Contributor

Lanterns? Look in Home Goods

I looked briefly at the TSV and was suprised at the lanterns, price and size. I would recommend anyone wanting beautiful, big lanterns look in Home Goods. Much lower cost, beautiful sellection, some are so tall you could stand them on the ground. Well made.

I have 4 which I bought last year. They hang on my patio and are beautiful.

I bought 4 candles from Home Goods which sit in them and light up each night. They are on timers.

It suprises me that people don't seem to know what a large collection of lanterns Home Goods carries. They have a whole isle of candles.

I paid $19.99 for my lanterns.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Lanterns? Look in Home Goods

I love Home Goods and have found some great deals there.  We don't have one in our area and can only shop there when we are traveling (road trips).  I did think about waiting for our road trip net month but decided to go for the red Luminara.  I usually go for a good deal.  Hopefully I will really like the Luminara.

Honored Contributor

Those who live near a Hobby Lobby or a better place with a huge selection of lanterns/birdcages is Old Time Pottery.

i purchased a black 22" lantern at Old Time Pottery (50% off) for $22

and a nice 20" distressed white lantern for $15 (50% sale). 

Both thy these places have great selections and of course when 50% off great sale!

Honored Contributor

No Home Goods here, but would love to go to one.

Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of Old Time Pottery, but you piqued my interest, homedecor.  We don't have any in my neck of the woods, but I really enjoyed looking at the items on their website. I love finding new places to explore!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ceci wrote:

I looked briefly at the TSV and was suprised at the lanterns, price and size. I would recommend anyone wanting beautiful, big lanterns look in Home Goods. Much lower cost, beautiful sellection, some are so tall you could stand them on the ground. Well made.

I have 4 which I bought last year. They hang on my patio and are beautiful.

I bought 4 candles from Home Goods which sit in them and light up each night. They are on timers.

It suprises me that people don't seem to know what a large collection of lanterns Home Goods carries. They have a whole isle of candles.

I paid $19.99 for my lanterns.

I bought quite a few lanterns at Home Goods the year before last, some for the deck, and some for inside.  There were tons to choose from, but I didn't see much last year, but then I wasn't there as often, and I wasn't looking for any more, except red, but the red that were there were damaged so didn't buy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the spring of 2013, I bought lanterns at Walmart and put the plastic QVC outside candles in them, using Duracell C batteries.  They are hanging on the outside edge of my covered patio so they get some splash.  Set the timers and haven't touched them since.  They went two winters outside and those things still light up every night.  Unbelievable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

image.jpg

Totally agree with with trying Home Goods. I got these two lanterns last year for $15 ($10 for the big one and $5 for the little) because the clasps were broken and wouldn't stay closed when you lifted the lanterns. All I did was put new ones on. They were also originally white wood which didn't match anything, so I chalk painted them with Annie Sloan's Emperors Silk and then. Waxed them with dark wax. My only regret is you can still see the white inside but I was too lazy to take all the glue off the glass to remove the panes. Got the candles at Home Goods in the clearance aisle too!

Valued Contributor

So pretty! Just saw some slightly more delicate  at Pier One. They have a lot of beautiful harvest things and previews of Christmas. I have to do most of my shopping online as, I have trouble walking and need a cane. So good online decor sources are important. 

Yours are gorgeous. 

Contributor

The Marshalls close to me always has alot of lanterns, big, medium, small. 

Alot of them look just like the lantern today, as it's a pretty basic lantern.  They usually have alot of different finishes too.