Re: Lamps I Purchased From CostCo

@ID2 Is "CostCo" the same as Costco??   

YES

Esteemed Contributor

Well, heck, there's no picture Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I just placed an order for these lamps, and an additional pair in another style. Should get them all next week at a fantastic price!

My Mom has these old, heavy, dark metal lamps from the 70s that are really dragging down the look of her room and the guest room. I've redecorated both rooms with curtains, linens, wall decor, so fresh new lamps will complete the look in each room!

So glad I looked at this post -- speaking of fresh, I also purchased a Costco membership. I could be dangerous now...LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw those lamps at Costco (or some very similar) about a year ago and thought they were lovely.  I just need lamps with a 3-way switch to provide more lighting, so I passed them by.

We used to have a lamp store nearby that would repair/replace lamp parts and could rewire them for higher wattage, but I've not been able to locate one near our home now.

However, when it comes to lighting available from Costco.....

I'm waiting for a version of battery-operated candles that I saw there during the last Christmas season.  They're the type you could put in a window or on a buffet or dining table.

As soon as DH and I walked into the store, we spotted them because they looked exactly like real flames.  Not many candles that I've seen actually replicate real flames.  These were incredible.  Had to get up very close to realize that we weren't seeing real fire.

I just didn't care for the base, which was a much-too-brassy-gold cheap-looking plastic.  They were all sold by the time we went back the next week.

This year, I'll be looking for the same realistic candles but with a better, classier-looking base.  Hope Costco comes through for me on that.

Meanwhile, wish Costco would get some lamps with a 3-way switch.  

Trusted Contributor

@LonestarBabs  I'm so glad you got them - I think you'll be very happy.   I unpacked mine today and they look really pretty in the living room.    :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I admire anyone who has decorating ability as I have zip/none whatsoever.  Ha!

My late husband was the decorator/architect in our family.  I was the labor (i.e. painting/wallpapering).

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year, I purchased lamps from costco on-line - called Beachwood table lamps - 2 pack --- same lampshades. The glass in my set is more streamlined (narrow at the top and widens in the middle, then narrows toward the bottom.) Costco has it on-line now. The bases are silver toned - which matches the knobs at the top.Came with LED bulbs. $80 for the pair. Great Price and I love the lamps because they're understated. My previous lamp shades were RED - and I needed a change.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I admire anyone who has decorating ability as I have zip/none whatsoever.  Ha!

My late husband was the decorator/architect in our family.  I was the labor (i.e. painting/wallpapering).

I have no docorating or painting/wallpapering ability. But - my home looks beautiful. My late mother purchased several pieces of furniture, i.e, dining room table & hutch, club chair with nailheads - and all the art work/floor lamp/end tables, etc. She could have been a professional decorator.

Honored Contributor

They are exceptionally pretty!  They almost look as though they have little streams of water running down them.  And a very nice price, as well.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin