Esteemed Contributor

I like this room with the exception of all of the "coffee tables" that are all covered with books. What's the purpose of the ottoman (?) in front of the fireplace? No one could sit on it because it's covered with books. Add a book shelf somewhere and free up some of those tables for at least a glass of iced tea!

Honored Contributor

I dont like that colorful painting, dont like the drapes, the rest is OK

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: LR with Lots of Seating

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono   I kept coming to this thread and leaving it without commenting. I like this look with a few changes. Would remove both beige/brown chairs. In place of the beige chair that was in front of the dining table, I would move one of the two gray/white chairs further apart and slide the ottoman between the two chairs. I would also get rid of the metal frame table that has the books/magazines on it and replace it with the wooden table that is currently in front of the long couch.  Those things would free up the view to the fireplace which is obscured now. Everything else works for me.

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Trusted Contributor

NOPE

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LR with Lots of Seating

[ Edited ]

I like it except for the window curtains, the beige side chairs, the wall mural and the mirror over the fireplace.

Honored Contributor

Not for me.

Too much grey

Dislike beige and grey together

Dislike tufted furniture

I really dislike that wall painting, and it seems out of place with the rest of the room.

Respected Contributor

All the grey and beige reminds me of the blah rooms I grew up in. We always had “preacher tan” rooms. It’s soothing I guess, but not inspiring. 

Thanks @lolakimono for providing interesting and varied decor ideas. I may not like them all, but by defining in writing what I find appealing or not about a room has given me some insight into my own design style. Unfortunately my budget will not support my fantacy taste, which is why I never get too far away from basics on the building blocks because I hate cheap sofa seating and use them for years.

Honored Contributor

Very drab and the furniture isn't arranged into convesation groups.  It doesn't look like it would be a good place for people to chat. 

Respected Contributor

Waaaayyyy to much furniture in this room. One couldn't walk through this gauntlet without clipping a shin!  Remove at least 3 of the chairs and 2 of the coffee tables. Not a fan of the painting(?) on the far wall. I would remove that also. Like the grey color of the sofas, but not the tuffs. Have had tuffed furniture before. PITA!

Honored Contributor

I like this!  The only thing I would change is the picture at the end of the room.  I would keep it that same size and would want it colorful but  would prefer something more scenic or botanical. Otherwise it's a thumbs up for me!