Honored Contributor

This 1920's raised cottage (to avoid possible flooding in the area) is in the country, on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain.  Designer Chad Graci is as comfortable with this property, as he was doing that urban New Orleans loft from a while ago.

I love the wood throughout.

O+-+SCA.jpg

There are two "sitting-type" rooms, a living room and a library.  I don't know which is which, but this first one might be the library--

Love the soft robin's egg walls he did, which contrast so nicely with the old cypress wood--

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 2.57.13 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-07 at 3.00.11 PM.png

Think this is the airy living room, also with orginal cypress trim--

F+-+SCA.jpg

Love all the cozy little anterooms and nooks--

H+-+SCA.jpg

Breakfast area--

J+-+SCA.jpg

Beamed kitchen--

G+-+SCA.jpg

The dining room's wallpaper is a bit lavish for me, but those furling leaves or 'fronds', do seem to go with this historic house!  Magnificent chandelier and mantel-- or is it just a sideboard?   Must be a sideboard.

B+and+COVER+SCA.jpg

B2+-+SCA.jpg

Stunning antique pendant light in bath...

N+-+SCA.jpg

Little detail--  I like it when people hang small pictures, or a mirror, over each night table.

L2+-+SCA.jpg

This could be a sunroom, with the brick floor?

Q+-+SCA.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Re: LOUISIANA LAKESIDE COTTAGE

Gorgeous house, and beautifully furnished! I love all of the woodwork, too. I absloutely love every single room! HeartHeart 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

This is an incredible home!  I love all of the woodwork.  The light, airy colors and upholstery highlights it perfectly!  What a beauty!❤️❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

Very nice.  I have always loved matchstick blinds with drapes.  The blue pain is perfect.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell more beautiful pictures. I love Louisiana; New Orleans is one of my favorite places on earth.

I would love to dine in the breakfast area, so lovely and bright.

The light fixtures throughout are gorgeous, especially the chandeliers in the dining and bedroom. I also think the kitchen is amazing. 

The one thing I'd do is switch out the wicker chairs in the breakfast area as well as the chairs in the dining room. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DSD2 

Why would you switch out the wicker chairs in the breakfast area?  I'm not being snarky - asking because I've been looking for a new table and chairs for my eat in kitchen and this set appeals to me.  Now you've got me wondering if I'm missing something.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's not to LOVE about this beautiful place.  This is so beautiful.  I would love to live there and I could be totally comfortable until the hurricane warnings.  I know exactly where this is located. I always wonder, before  crossing the Ponchartrain who lives there in those houses near the lake, wonder if they have businesses, if they are fishermen, if they are retired or are these just vacation homes and look down at my gas hand to make sure I have enough gas to cross the bridge. Just something to contemplate as I drive that long bridge, seeing the boats, skiiers on a calm day. It's a lovely place. I love the lofts in NOLA but could not live in that location.  I much prefer this area. 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell , a feast for the eyes!  Very inviting.

Super Contributor

Looking at these photos, the style of designer Chad Graci kind of reminds me of the style of designer James Farmer, but with less color saturation.  Some very nice work by both designers.

Esteemed Contributor

Love it!