Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR AN ACCENT CHAIR FOR MY BEDROOM

@momtodogs wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma ....I think it would be tough to purchase a chair on line,, you need to know if fits you properly, do you not have anyone that could run you around town to a furniture store or two so you could actually sit in the chairs.....if I was near you, I'd be willing but sadly we are only cyber acquanitances.

I do have a smaller chair in the sitting area of our master bedroom, when I get home tonight I will measure and  get back to you.

@momtodogs  You are a sweetheart.  My daughter is not willing to drive me around  and I have no one else here in AZ.  I really don't want to purchase a chair on line and certainly would prefer to try them out first.  It is what it is, sadly.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@momtodogs wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma ....here are the measurements of the small chair in my sitting room:

From the floor to high back of chair: 31"

Over all width, left to right: 30"

Sitting area (cushion) left to right; 21"

Sitting area including rolled arms: 34"

Sitting area front to back (cushion): 21"

From floor to cushion: 16.5"

Thank you so much, I will get my measuring tape and see how those measurements would work for me.  By the way, is your chair comfortable?  I ask because many reviews say their chair is comfortable but stiff.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I really don't see how it's possible to order a comfortable chair online for your bedroom.  You really need to sit in a chair like that.  It seems like your daughter could take you shopping for a chair just to be nice.  I know she's not interested, but couldn't she just do this for you because you need her to?  Do you have a friend who could take you?

The problem is my daughter is not nice.  She doesn't think I need a chair, period.  Of course I would love to be able to try them out, buying on line is chancy and I read all of the reviews.  Heck of a way to buy a chair, right?   Sadly, I don't know anyone here in AZ to turn to.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I really don't see how it's possible to order a comfortable chair online for your bedroom.  You really need to sit in a chair like that.  It seems like your daughter could take you shopping for a chair just to be nice.  I know she's not interested, but couldn't she just do this for you because you need her to?  Do you have a friend who could take you?

The problem is my daughter is not nice.  She doesn't think I need a chair, period.  Of course I would love to be able to try them out, buying on line is chancy and I read all of the reviews.  Heck of a way to buy a chair, right?   Sadly, I don't know anyone here in AZ to turn to.

@Lindsays Grandma   I'm so sorry your daughter won't help you.  I hope you're able to find something you'll be happy with.

Day after day the whole day through, wherever my road inclined, four feet said 'I'm coming with you!' and trotted along behind. Kipling

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , yes I think it is comfortable but if sitting it a lot I would want a footstool....it is a small ish chair. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I would measure the area where the chair will live. Call a Taxi or Uber

Trusted Contributor

Sorry... for a ride to the closest Lazyboy furniture store or one you like,spend some time trying out chairs then  call for a ride home.

Valued Contributor

Pier One has very small furniture, if space is a problem.  I can't vouch for their comfort but they are fairly inexpensive and come in a variety of fabrics and styles.

I would be looking for a small recliner that rocks and swivels, if it were me.  I don't care for footstools.  Inevitably, I trip over them.

If you search recliner on their site, many styles come up, and you could have them ship it directly to you. 

Best of luck. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Target is having a Home sale.  Here is a picture of a chair for $329.99.  They offer a variety of prices.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I searched “senior ride services” and “senior citizen ride assistance” for AZ and many services are available.

If I may help you find a service for your area than please let me know.