Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOOKING FOR AN ACCENT CHAIR FOR MY BEDROOM

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma ....I think it would be tough to purchase a chair on line,, you need to know if fits you properly, do you not have anyone that could run you around town to a furniture store or two so you could actually sit in the chairs.....if I was near you, I'd be willing but sadly we are only cyber acquanitances.

I do have a smaller chair in the sitting area of our master bedroom, when I get home tonight I will measure and  get back to you.

@Mom2Dogs  You are a sweetheart.  My daughter is not willing to drive me around  and I have no one else here in AZ.  I really don't want to purchase a chair on line and certainly would prefer to try them out first.  It is what it is, sadly.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma ....here are the measurements of the small chair in my sitting room:

From the floor to high back of chair: 31"

Over all width, left to right: 30"

Sitting area (cushion) left to right; 21"

Sitting area including rolled arms: 34"

Sitting area front to back (cushion): 21"

From floor to cushion: 16.5"

Thank you so much, I will get my measuring tape and see how those measurements would work for me.  By the way, is your chair comfortable?  I ask because many reviews say their chair is comfortable but stiff.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I really don't see how it's possible to order a comfortable chair online for your bedroom.  You really need to sit in a chair like that.  It seems like your daughter could take you shopping for a chair just to be nice.  I know she's not interested, but couldn't she just do this for you because you need her to?  Do you have a friend who could take you?

The problem is my daughter is not nice.  She doesn't think I need a chair, period.  Of course I would love to be able to try them out, buying on line is chancy and I read all of the reviews.  Heck of a way to buy a chair, right?   Sadly, I don't know anyone here in AZ to turn to.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma   I really don't see how it's possible to order a comfortable chair online for your bedroom.  You really need to sit in a chair like that.  It seems like your daughter could take you shopping for a chair just to be nice.  I know she's not interested, but couldn't she just do this for you because you need her to?  Do you have a friend who could take you?

The problem is my daughter is not nice.  She doesn't think I need a chair, period.  Of course I would love to be able to try them out, buying on line is chancy and I read all of the reviews.  Heck of a way to buy a chair, right?   Sadly, I don't know anyone here in AZ to turn to.

@Lindsays Grandma   I'm so sorry your daughter won't help you.  I hope you're able to find something you'll be happy with.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma , yes I think it is comfortable but if sitting it a lot I would want a footstool....it is a small ish chair. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

I would measure the area where the chair will live. Call a Taxi or Uber

Trusted Contributor

Sorry... for a ride to the closest Lazyboy furniture store or one you like,spend some time trying out chairs then  call for a ride home.

Valued Contributor

Pier One has very small furniture, if space is a problem.  I can't vouch for their comfort but they are fairly inexpensive and come in a variety of fabrics and styles.

I would be looking for a small recliner that rocks and swivels, if it were me.  I don't care for footstools.  Inevitably, I trip over them.

If you search recliner on their site, many styles come up, and you could have them ship it directly to you. 

Best of luck. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   Target is having a Home sale.  Here is a picture of a chair for $329.99.  They offer a variety of prices.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

I searched “senior ride services” and “senior citizen ride assistance” for AZ and many services are available.

If I may help you find a service for your area than please let me know.