Honored Contributor

LONDON MAYFAIR FLAT AND HYDE PARK FLAT

OK, here's Sophie Paterson, part 2!  First, a very swank Mayfair flat, and then a glimpse of another apartment, in Hyde Park.

Some of these photos are double shots.  The left side of this one are some steps leading up to the Mayfair entry:

31-1800x1083.jpg

Super-Image.jpg

Formal sitting room.  This is "grander" than the Chelsea townhouse, and the Hyde Park flat.  More formal than I would like, but fun to see this more elaborate kind of apt.

sml-image.jpg

I like all the flowers and art objects sprinkled about, like this delicate little horse, to delight the eye!

2-1800x1083.jpg

The dining room is more conference-room like to me, not what I would want.  But then, I don't often (ever) give formal, five course dinners for ten....

3-1800x1083.jpg

Cool kitchen!  Modern, but feels "warm" to me.

9-1800x1083.jpg

21-1800x1083.jpg

Snug bedroom:

23-1800x1083.jpg

I bet this bedroom screens out all the noise pollution and clamor that London has to offer!   Note the little reed scent diffuser on the night table-- Sophie Paterson often has these in her rooms, and I bet all these rooms smell divine!

17-1800x1083.jpg

This flat would be great just for the insanely good bathrooms alone!  This one is smoky and glamorous, while the other was sunny and cheerful...

25-1800x1083.jpg

And a few pictures from the Hyde Park flat.  It's hard not to get carried away with these pretty photos.  This flat captivates me with the incredible master bedroom alone, coming up shortly.

Again, a double shot.  The right side shows part of the entry, with the marble hearth and chandelier.  The left is just a close up of some gorgeous upholstery detail.

2-1-1800x1083.jpg

I personally prefer this Hyde Park sitting room to the fancier Mayfair one.  The scale feels cozier and more "comforting".   I'd gladly go to a tea at either residence, though!

3-1-1800x1083.jpg

Hard to tell much, but this dining room seems more intimate too, than the big one.

6-1800x1083.jpg

This Hyde Park master didn't stint on size, that's for sure.  Spacious and luxe-feeling, and I love the deep teal touches.  Prefer wood floors though.

11-1800x1083.jpg

More bedroom details.  Sigh, I could get used to living like this...

12-1800x1083.jpg

Casual kitchen.

20-1800x1083.jpg

Even when she does more formal spaces, she always seems to include cozy hideaways like this den, where comfort is paramount.

24-1800x1083.jpg

This bedroom looks comfortable too, but are those insect like things on the wall? Or birds of prey?  It's just one of my quirks, wouldn't want those prints, but I love most of the abstract art she favors, esp. the cubist paintings elsewhere...

26-1800x1083.jpg

Another couple of close-ups, showing her attention to detail.  Interesting that she doesn't hesitate to use warm, butterscotchy colors, as well as the cool ones.  I think that helps soften some of the modernity.

27-1800x1083.jpg

Summing up, I like her concern for comfort and even luxury; her eclecticism when she successfully mixes antique elements with modern,  the use of flowers, plants, trees and branches in her interiors, the fabulous finishes and fabrics, her interest in modern glass, and the way she combines those pieces like in the image below:

8-1800x1083.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: LONDON MAYFAIR FLAT AND HYDE PARK FLAT

I like all of the rooms but the kitchen is a bit too modern for me. The cabinets are what threw me over the edge.

Honored Contributor

I like it! I've always loved white but I love having multiple dogs so wouldnt  be practical for me but it's quite stunning!

Honored Contributor

I like the den.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it with one exception. More color needed - I loved the pop of peacock blue. Polished and modern.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I love the formal living room as I lean toward the formal look in taste.  I like most of the rooms but the bedrooms aren't warm or comfortable looking to me, they need perking up. more color, different decor.  The den is lovely and inviting.  There is appeal throughout but there are changes I would make to suit my taste.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They are both very chic and elegant beyond my taste.  I do, however, prefer the Hyde Park public area over the Mayfair, but neither kitchen looks inviting and warm.  It looks like the owner probably orders out and never goes into the kitchen unless to grab a cup of tea or cup of java.  In fact, I think they are each just too swank for my humble lifestyle.  I wonder what the rate of turnover is for their domestic service.  How would you like to keep either looking this "perfect" at all times.

I see the furnishings as what my children like.  Their furnishings look nothing like mine.  Mine looked like they belonged to my mother, my grandmother, which some did and although not all, the ones I purchased look like warm friend and family times. 

My children's homes are cold and much of their furnishings look as if they were uncrated by the waterfront from a large ship just in from China and set in to fit every nook and crany just perfectly as if they were ordered for their homes.  I am afraid if I spent too much time with them, I might belch or (perish the thought) have to use the bathroom.

Honored Contributor

I love everything here! 

Honored Contributor

I can't share your excitement with these @Oznell. Again, nicely executed and nice elements but overall bland, relatively colorless and chilly with too many too sleek appointments and too much focus on contemporary pieces. I'm sure the apartments themselves are nice spaces but I'll pass.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Class