Honored Contributor

LOFT-LIKE PENTHOUSE LIVING ROOM

Change of pace, unabashedly modern design by Sheree Stuart...  love that view.

Things I like-- 1) the tile-clad fireplace, 2) the neutral color scheme punctuated with two accents--  orange and blue.  (I would have picked something other than orange, but it works in here, I think...)   3)  The concrete ceiling and silvery exposed industrial duct work-- gives at least a look of a "hard" loft, but I'm sure it was not.

featured-N04.jpg

I do believe that fireplace is porcelain, not any kind of stone or slate.   Still, I really like it, the sleekness--  porcelain tile can be a great option.   Nice the way the ebonized wood of the built-ins flow right into the moody dark tile...

featured-N01.jpg

That landmark Toronto skyline is a mesmerizing backdrop for a spacious terrace like that.  Don't care for the colorful, quirky print pillows on the bench, but someone must have like them:

featured-N02.jpg

Hmmm, interesting that they have softening window treatments in the dining area,  but I couldn't really detect them in the living room... unless they have concealed shades that descend down when needed in l.r. ...

featured-N03.jpg

So nice that the kitchen shares that view!   Shimmering lacquered cabinets fit with the contemporary aesthetic of the apartment.

featured-N05.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOFT-LIKE PENTHOUSE LIVING ROOM

@Oznell 

With a minor color change (orange has to go would replace with maroon as red might not be right) ) I could move right in.  My favorite is the chandelier in the dining room. Fantastic!!!!! The fireplace is stunning.

At this point in my life, since I live alone, I would love to throw caution to the wind along with traditional decor. All I need is to win the lottery.

Thanks for posting a dream space.

Frequent Contributor

Love it all

Esteemed Contributor

I like it, except for the orange color, that would have to replaced.

Honored Contributor

Again w/ all the throw pillows.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  For a loft, it's done really well. I would pop it with red though.

Thanks for the post.

Honored Contributor

Love it and I even think the orange is beautiful in this setting.  And I usually do not like orange at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Way too modern for me.  Looks very dreary and cold.  I like the view and terrace, but that's all.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy.  I've seen some ugly chandeliers in my life, but this one takes the cake.  Yikes.

Honored Contributor

Aside from the nice view, nothing else is appealing, it is not my taste zone, mot a fan of modern decor or the colors.