Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I love Lladro and have several pieces.  My SIL bought them for me when she visited her family in Spain.   Prices there were a lot more reasonable than what they were selling for here.  I don't care if they're not worth much anymore.  Have no desire to sell any of them.

@kaydee50 

I'm with you.  My collectibles have brought me much pleasure over many years and The kids will take a few pieces and box the rest, you never now what the future may bring.  

Respected Contributor

I have over 15 pieces of LLadro figures.  Both small and large ones. I love them and the artistry of each piece.  Don't care if they are not worth what I and others that gifted to me paid. Did not get them for resale value. I collected them because they brought pleasure to me and still do.  When we downsize they are all coming with me to enjoy in our new place.

Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@ECBG   I have a couple of Lladro pieces.  I also have many other pieces that I know I will have trouble selling because my kids don't want them, either.  Sigh, a lot of $$$$ spent on Precious Moments, Hummels, Disney and other brands.  Enough that they fill 5 curio cabinets.  I will probably give them out to relatives that have been eyeing them through the years.  🙃

@SloopJohnB    You could do as my grandma did.  She put a piece of masking tape on the bottom of each nick nack with the name of the person she wanted to have it.

@Kachina624   That's a clever idea!  

@SloopJohnB - My friend's mother did this too. She had a lot. She got her daughter and her daughter-in-law to go through her collections and other special pieces, then put the tape with their initials on the bottom. She also made a master list and gave them each a copy.

I never had to worry about this because my only sibling died in his 20's. But I saw what happened with my mom and her siblings, and what happened in DH's family that really caused hard feelings. 

My friend's mother told her she didn't want them to fight over things! 

Trusted Contributor

QVC sold LLadro back in the late 80s and early 90s (then they started to sell the less expensive version, Nao, by Lladro.) Kathy Levine hosted most of the shows. One piece that was her favorite was of a boy and girl in an airplane that she said reminded her of the time she flew in Steve Colantuno's (late QVC host) plane. 

My Mother collected Lladro. She purchase MANY pieces at the QVC outlet stores in Lancaster, PA, Frazer PA, and the now closed stores in Drexel Hill, PA and Prices Corner, Delaware. I loved taking her "hunting" for new figurines, just about every other weekend. There were times when we would stop at the Delaware, Drexel Hill and Frazer stores all in the same day. (My Mom passed in 2010 and I miss her every day)

After she passed, we sold her collection via an auction house. I think it was sold as a lot to someone who also loved collecting Lladro. 

Oh, and I do have one piece that my Mom bought for me. It is a young girl who has the same name as mine. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

We have one piece of Lladro. and I won't part with it.  Someone gave "The Veterinarian" to DH when he was in his 20's. It is still the only truly breakable piece that is on top of our desk. All through the years the kitties have never bothered it.

Just after the first of the year our youngest rescue discovered the desk. I walked through as he was walking across the top. I didn't want to startle him, so I just stood outside the door. He's a long haired older kitten who loves to explore. I was worried his long fluffy tail would knock something down. He gingerly walked across then jumped down. Whew!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   

@Kachina624 wrote:

They used to sell it on ShopHQ.  I always thought the pieces looked so graceful and peaceful but never have had the urge to accumulate "collectibles".  Now people who did, can't get rid of them.

Lladro never worked into any home I had - almost too refined and gentle.  But I believe many things we collect because we love them will not sell for what we paid for them nor appeal to others in the family. I know that's true for many items I love in my own home - the good news is that what I seem to be liking best about my home at this point is that what I have on display almost all reminds me of the people, places, and events. important in my own life.   

Esteemed Contributor

That's a beauiful piece. I had a fairly large colletion of Lladro at one time, but had to pare down after a divorce, smaller home etc. I always loved them though. I gave some away, sold some at an estate sale, took some to a consignment shop where they sold for not much, and still have a few of them in my bedroom.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG    When my husband and I were at the jewelers, buying our wedding rings, I saw a Lladro piece that was the inspirational theme for our wedding. (second marriage for both of us)

It was a pair of beautiful white doves. It was a large piece and I designed our wedding cake around it. The doves sat on the bottom cake layer with pillars and arches around them like a gazebo. Above was a second smaller cake layer,then a top cake layer with fresh pink roses on top. Cascading from the top, was fresh ivy, with more ivy surrounding the base layer.

Each layer was frosted with buttercream frosting in a basketweave pattern. The cake was white with a chocolate mousse filling between the layers.

Doves were on our invitations, place cards and Godiva favors.

I still have the pair of doves figurine and it is my only

piece of Lladro.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They used to sell it on ShopHQ.  I always thought the pieces looked so graceful and peaceful but never have had the urge to accumulate "collectibles".  Now people who did, can't get rid of them.

@Kachina624  Ah ha moment, selling in bulk on ShopHQ may very well have been the reason for the decline in value of Lladro prices. Wondered why the resale prices plummeted so much.

And thank you for the possible Robert Manse hallmark, looking forward to that and also what you think of your new piece.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    I wondered at the time if the ShopHQ LLadro was perhaps a "dumbed down" lesser quality.  I never ordered any of it, although it was pretty.  It just didn't fit with my Navajo rugs, Southwest art and Indian pottery.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment